Returning to London

Because Ant and Dec gave us their golden buzzer, we automatically jumped to live semi-finals in May. 

Because the semi-finals and, if we were lucky, the finals, were being held at Elstree Film Studios, we were able to stay at the Landmark Apartments. The studio was nice enough to offer a car service to take us to and from the studio as the Landmark was twelve miles away, clearly not walking distance as our first audition was. 

Those of flying coordinated our flights this time so we would all land around the same time. As I waited for Aleena and Quan's flights, I grabbed a coffee and paper and sat Aleena's gate as it was supposed to be first. 

Inside the paper was the "Everything Guide for Britain's Got Talent." Each of us had to send in a mini-biography and headshot for the paper. I found the band's spread. It was awesome seeing the band in a national newspaper. They had the press picture of us with Ant and Dec, then our headshots and biographies with our locations underneath. The network really played up that we were from around the world; that was our commercial hook. 

When Aleena arrived we headed to Quan's gate, then Anne and Stella's gate,then Chloe's gate, followed by Evy's. Once we were all together, we headed to baggage claim to gather our luggage instruments. Because our hotel was a little further and we had so much stuff to carry, we decided to take a taxi. 

As we sped through the city, it felt familiar. The shops we scoured for the polos. The eateries we ate it. I didn't realize how much I missed London until I was back. If I had my choice, I would stay forever.

When we got the Landmark, the door swung open and we were greeted by our Brits. Victoria, Danii, Klee, Sarra, Laura, and Emily helped to grab our bags and pull us into the apartment. It was small but it was big enough that the thirteen of us could stay together instead of in three hotels rooms. 

We spent our first night catching up, sharing stories about what we had been doing, other than rehearsing our new song choice. We were like sisters. This adventure brought us together and will always keep us together. Looking around the room at all them, I knew this is what true friends were. 

                                                      ------------------------------------------------------

We decided to keep with the same color scheme of red and blue. The only problem was that our song choice was one of the lads more romantic songs and for the semi-finals, jeans and polos did not seem appropriate. We knew the other acts would be fancier, so we spent our second day lounging around the apartment trying to come up with something to wear the following night. 

"All I can say is, we're those damn dresses if we make it finals, " I said out frustration. "At least we will match, they're the right colors as well as fancy yet cute for finals."

"Whatever! We need to think of something to wear now!" Chloe shouted back. 

As the time for the car to arrive got closer, we all decided to wear the dresses we originally brought and compromised to wear black leggings so everyone would feel comfortable. 

Since our song choice was a romantic song, looking as if we were ready for dates worked. 

Our excitement and nerves started to build as we got into the car and headed to the studio for the semi-finals.