Finals

We were here. Elstree studios. Ten acts. Four judges. Millions of people watching. Thousands of votes will decide our fates.

We were definitely nervous. Excited, but definitely nervous. 

As tradition of the show, we were going to be in the opening of the finals. We had to arrive early for rehearsals as the portion would be filmed live. 

We were finally dressed and ready for act. A stage hand guided us to David's dressing room where we would be filming our portion of the live opening. 

David was sitting in his tux, without the jacket and putting on a robe. We surrounded the chair and grabbed the hair tools and make-up supplies from the vanity in front of him. 

We received our cue from the camera man and began applying make-up to David's face and doing his hair as read a magazine. The door opened with Ant and Dec popping their heads. 

"David are you-" They froze and looked at us. We stopped with supplies in mid-air as David said his lines. Ant and Dec backed out of the room and we filmed the last of us doing his hair and make-up. Once the camera was off, we broke down laughing. David thanked us and gave us hugs as we left to put the final touches on our act. 

                                                               ------------------------------------------

All of the acts waited in the green room until it was time to go on stage. 

We polished our instruments and kept ourselves cheered up with positive talk that we could win. 

We were eighth to perform this time so we got to watch almost all of the other acts before we went on. After each act we looked at each other with a little more apprehension. 

"CHUMS! You're up next!" The usher called. We stood up. Flattened our satin ruffled dresses and straightened our leggings. We doubled-checked the laces on our sneakers and picked up our instruments. We followed the usher through the backstage maze. 

We took deep breaths and grabbed each other's hands for luck. Ant and Dec finished their introduction and we took our spots on stage. 

Because of our song choice, instead of standing microphones, Aleena and Emily had wireless microphones. We also had microphones on Danii, Klee, Quan, and Sarra for back-up vocals this time.

We waited for the judges to take their seats. 

Aleena turned to Danni and she counted off the beat. Danii began the song with the drums with Aleena and Emily joining in with the lyrics. 

As the rest of joined in, Aleena and Emily began the moves across the stage while the others joined in with the chorus. 

Once again, Ant and Dec were on the side of the stage staring at us with disbelief smiles. 

The audience was on its feet singing and clapping along. David, Alesha, and Amanda also jumped up to sing and dance along. Ant and Dec just started laughing. 

As the song got closer to the end, Emily and Aleena walked over to Ant and Dec and brought them toward the middle of the stage to help finish the song. 

"PSYCH!" We all shouted to finish the song.

The audience stated on its feet to give us another standing ovation. 

Ant and Dec walked with us to the front of the stage for the final criticisms we would hear from the judges.

"I really don't think there is anything left to say! You ladies were fabulous!" David exclaimed as he sat down. We all laughed as Simon threw himself back in his chair in resignation. 

Ant and Dec gave our phone number for votes and for the last time we walked off the stage as auditionees.