Chapter Twelve Page One

{James’ POV}

It was Yassi’s idea to surprise Nadine with a costume party. Nadine finally agreed with the welcome party the guys wanted to arrange but we haven’t set any date yet. It was Yassi who came up with combining the welcome party for Reese and Nadine’s 25th birthday celebration. We’ve set up the pool for the kiddie party while the grown-ups get to stay on the game room and entertainment room for the booze.

Everyone was given clear instructions to wear a cartoon character or an animal for a costume and to bring kids – whatever it takes.

All Nadine knew was that the home owner’s association assigned our family for the annual trick or treat. She’s pretty excited about the idea actually, thought Reese would love it.

And Lauren took care of convincing Nadine that she got all of the preparations covered so she needn’t bother to help. We’re both busy with work anyway; the show’s about to wrap up. October 30, Paulo and Nadine went out of town so I get Reese all to myself.

It was nice to kind of just stay in and be with Reese the entire day playing and swimming and watching TV. Now that I know how much he loves the water, we get to spend as much time as we can by the pool.

I invited Nath to the Halloween/Nadine’s party but her answer was noncommittal. We haven’t discussed her plans to accept the modeling stint in the Caribbean.  The last time we saw each other last weekend we just caught up on sexy time and the moments we haven’t been together. We updated each other on individual schedules and our common friends. She did ask about Reese but Nadine was a topic that was never brought up.

Truth be told, before all this happened, my plan was to patch things up with Nadine, file for annulment and divorce in the right time, and arrange a co-parenting schedule for Reese.

I was also considering taking things more seriously with Nath. Especially now that I know Nadine will be fine with Paulo by her side. I’m not going to marry her – no. I think marriage won’t be in the cards for me anymore – or at least in the near future. But I was planning to ask Nath to move in with me.

The more time I spend with Nadine and Reese is making me second guess my plans though. I’m so getting used to having them around that I can’t imagine going home and not seeing them, especially Reese. Over the past two weeks, I only got to sleep with them thrice and it has proven to be the most restless two weeks I’ve had this year.

Nadine was hell bent on breaking the habit so Reese don’t get used to the sleeping arrangement. It’s hard for me but I do get her point; that’s not to say I don’t sneak in their room a few times to check on Reese. Nadine even caught me one time because she happened to be on the phone with Paulo.