Chapter 8 - Barrel Riders

Hey sorry this took a while to upload I had college work and writers block. Hope you like this chapter

----------------------------------------

Freyana's POV:

My mind was lost. The cold was engulfed me. I was disorientated as I was being dragged under then water by the current and being pushed back up.

Trying to catch my breathe every time I surfaced proved useless. All of a sudden Kili grabbed hold of my barrel and dragged me to the surface. When my eyes focused and I caught my breath i saw the others all holding onto each other and keeping us in one place.

"Where is Bilbo?" I asked thorin.

"He hasn't come out yet" he said looking worried incase he had been caught letting us out.

We all looked to where we just came out of waiting anxiously for Bilbo. Moments later the door opened and out slid Bilbo. He plunged into the cold water.

"Well done master Baggins" Thorin said as Bilbo came to the surface. Nori grabbed a hold of Bilbo to help him stay afloat. I could see that he was clinging on with all his strength.

We broke formation and made our way down the river. My body was shivering from my wet clothes sticking to me. My hair had come out of the braid due to the current dragging me around, it was also sticking to my body.

We moved with the quick current of the narrow river. Swiftly moving towards the river gate. The elves had no idea that we were coming. They quickly closed the gate.

"No!!" I shouted, I new that was our only hope of getting out alive. We had no weapons other than my powers.

Thorin slammed into the gate followed by others. Just then orcs came climbing over the gate and shooting at the elves and vice versa.

"We need to get that gate open other wise we're going to get slaughtered" I shouted to the company. In that moment Kili jumped out of his barrel and on to the side of the river.

Orcs came to him but he caught them off and I shot icicles to any he couldn't kill. He was almost at the lever to open the gate when an arrow came flying into knee.

"KILI!!!" Fili and I both shouted. He dropped to the floor in pain. I spun around in my barrel to see who shot him. I could feel the anger burning inside me. I made a bow from ice and shot arrows of ice at the orcs. I didn't stop until I noticed we had started to move again.

"Kili!" I heard Fili shout from behind me. I looked back to see him fall into his barrel snapping the arrow in half that was lodged into his knee. I could see the pain was unbearable for him.

The river widened and we were pulled by the current again. Elves and orcs continued to fight on the river banks.

I shot ice arrows at the orcs to try and stop them. I noticed the blonde haired elf was amongst the elves fighting off the orcs.

After so far the river bank was no longer accessible for the elves. And the current was start to slow down.

"We will have to stop here... There isn't a current anymore" I told Thorin. He started to paddle towards the edge of the river bank. Everyone followed him. It was rocky and difficult to get out of our barrels. Fili helped me to drag Kili from his barrel.

"Are you okay? I need to heal you!" I said to Kili holding his face in my hands.

"I'm fine its nothing" he told me holding onto my waist. I was practically on top of him. I kissed him gently on the lips.

"Don't ever do something like that again!" I told him kissing him one more time.

"We need to wrap it before we start moving again" Fili told me. I fashioned a clean piece of cloth using my powers and Fili wrapped it tightly around his leg. He winched in pain but he insisted he was fine.

"Prepare to move! We need to get moving... Durins day is getting closer and we still need to reach the mountain" Thorin told the company.

Silence fell upon the group when there was a large shadow of a man with a big bow and arrow aimed at Ori.

-------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading and i hope you like it. Also just a heads up I have a feeling there will be another 10-15 chapters to come from this story, but that will be until it gets to a point were I won't spoil the last film for people. I have read the book so I know what's going to happen. So once I've got to a point where I need to stop posting for a bit I will continue writing so that once the film has been released I can upload them weekly :)