Chapter 10 - Lake Town

So it's been a long time since I updated and the reads in the story are always going up. Thank you for reading it, it makes me so happy that people actually want to read my work. I've also re read what I've wrote so far and I feel my writing skills have improved since I started. I'm doing English language at college and have learnt new things from that so I hope my work is better. I've enjoyed writing this chapter and hope to get another one wrote soon. Also the battle of the five armies broke me. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

-------------------

Freyana's POV:

I sat by the fire in Bards house, my eyes threatening to close at any minute. Fatigue was gaining up on me; we were safe here so I was alright to rest my eyes. Before I drifted off I caught a discussion of a black arrow, I was too tired to pay much attention.

I was awoken by the loud bang of metal on the table. Bard brought the weapons he promised to us. However these weren't weapons they were flimsy fishing tools. This didn't sit well with the company. Watching as they complained about what they'd been given Bard let slip about the towns armoury. Thorin and Dwalin began planning how to break in and steal some weapons.

I noticed Kili struggling to sit down because of the pain in his leg. Seeing him this was broke my heart.

Ignoring what the others were doing I walked over to Kiliand sat beside him. Placing my hand on his.

"My love, please let my help with the pain" looking deep into his eyes, he could not hide anything from me as his eyes said everything.

"Don't you worry about me, I will be fine" liar, I thought. He placed a chaste kiss on my forehead. His skin was hot, a fever was growing in him. Not caring about what he said I sent my healing powers into his body and eased his pain.

"You're not a good liar"

"And you're not a good listener" he laughed, I hadn't heard him laugh in so long, "thank you. I love you so much princess." He stated sighing blissfully. Feeling his arm snake around my waist I felt at peace, I never wanted this moment to end. But of course it did.

Soon night fell and the company had made their plans to go forth and steal the weapons. I was to be on watch with half of the company whilst the others collected as much weapons as the could.

I stood watch as Nori ran and climbed up the pile of dwarves and through the window. Soon after Bilbo, Thorin, Kili and Bofur did the same. The rest of us waited outside for them, I stood with Fili and Bifur. All of us anxious and on edge trying to keep watch on the thick darkness around us. There was little light coming from the houses surrounding the weaponry, but they were too weak to make a difference.

"They need to hurry... The sooner we get the weapons the sooner we can leave for the mountain" Fili said in a loud whisper to me.

"I know" I said leaning closer to him "I'm starting to worry about Kili. He is getting weaker by the minute... the arrow was poisoned"

"Can you not heal him? We can't leave him behind, he's waiting so long for this, we all have" Fili looked at me with a sadness I've never seen on him before.

"I can try but being under pressure won't help, i need to relax and clear my mind" he nodded at me and then there was silence.

The silence was soon broken by the loud clang of weapons falling, followed by the sound of guards shouting and running.

"RUN!" Dori shouted, but it was too late the guards had arrived and we were all quickly being dragged through Lake Town. A crowd had gathered due to the noise as we were brought before the master of Lake Town. I worked my way to Kili who was pale and his hands were shaking slightly. I put my arm around him to help support him and take some weight off his leg. A tall fat man came charging out of the large wooden doors.

"What is the meaning of this?!" He said sturnly.

"Caught 'em stealing weapons, sire" one of the guards told him.

"Ahh, enemy's of the state!"

"A desperate bunch of mercenary's if ever there was, sire." An ugly man with a monobrow said.

"Hold your tongue!" Said Dwalin bitterly, "you do not know to whom you speak! This is now common criminal! This is Thorin, son of Thrain, Son of Thror!"

Thorin stepped forward and announced "We are the dwarves of Erebor. We have come to reclaim our homeland." Murmurs arose amongst the crowds. "I remember this town in the great days of old. Fleets of boats lay at harbour. Filled with silks and fine gems. This was no forsaken town in a lake. This was the centre of all trade in the north! I would see those days return. I would relight the great forges of the dwarves and send wealth and riches flowing once more from the halls of Erebor!" The crowd was now cheering in excitement of what Thorin was saying.

"DEATH!!" Bard came from the crowd and everyone fell silent. "That is what you will bring upon us! Dragon fire and ruin. If you awaken that beast it will destroy us all."

"You can listen to this naysayer, but I promise you this. If we succeed, all will share in the wealth of the mountain. You will have enough gold to rebuild Esgaroth 10 times over!" Again the crowd cheered for this news of wealth being bright back to the town.

"All of you! Listen to me! You must listen! Have you forgotten what happened to Dale? Have you forgotten those who died in the firestorm? And for what purpose? The blind ambition of a mountain king so riven by greed he could not see beyond his own desire!" Bard shouted and Thorin only got more angry.

"Now, now! We must not, any of us, be too quick to lay blame" the Master proclaimed. "Let us not forget that it was Girion, lord of Dale, your ancestor who failed to kill the beast, hmm?"

"It's true, sire!" The ugly man insisted on continuing to open his mouth. "We all know the story. Arrow after arrow, he shot. Each one missing it's mark."

"You have no right. No right to enter that mountain." Bard argued.

"I have the only right" Thorin retaliated. "I speak to the master of the men of the lake. Will you see the prophecy fulfilled? Will you share in the great wealth of our people? What say you?"

"I say unto you... WELCOME! Welcome and thrice welcome King under the mountain!" The crowd erupted in cheer once again.

The master offered us weapons, armour, new clothes and food for our travels. We celebrated throughout the night, although I had to force Kili to rest. He insisted he was fine but I knew he wasn't. We were to take a small row boat to the Lonely mountain in the morning. We were so close to finishing or quest!

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!