The Bag

A/N The picture above was drawn by me! It's Flug underneath the bag because I'm bad at describing things. It was drawn before this chapter though, so his face shows emotion in the picture, but not in the story.

There was only one thing that I could think of. Flug was always self conscious about his paper bag. He'd never take it off because he was scared. Scared is an emotion. Maybe I could induce it. I ran over to him, and ripped the brown bag off of his head. His face was unsightly.

He had short undercut with dusty brown hair with a hint of grey. His hair was thick and full as if it saw sunlight all the time. His face, however, was covered in burns. The entire left side was burnt with scars surrounding his eye and slightly cutting off his eyebrow. His mouth was straighter than I had ever seen on a person, but that was because he lacked emotion. The right side of his mouth was burnt, so I could see through his cheek to where his teeth were. It was like someone cut a hole in the side of his cheek. On the left side of his face, he completely lacked an eye at all. It was just a reddish, brownish, hole. Burns were outlining the bottom of his empty eye socket, putting a dent in his brown freckles that stretched across his face.

It took me a moment to gather my thoughts about it, but this was the Flug I knew and loved. What he looked like underneath the bag didn't matter. I loved him with it, or without it. 

I placed my hand on his face, holding him, hoping, praying that he would respond with feeling.

"What is the purpose of this?" He asked blandly, his eyelid half closed to show boredness, even though he didn't feel anything. 

"Flug...please..." I could only manage a whisper. 

I just wanted my boyfriend back, I wanted him the way he was. Happy, and sensitive, and shy. But he was replaced with this void version of himself. 

I started crying even more. 

"Just tell me what to do! I don't know how to fix this!" I hugged him, shoving my head into his chest and probably staining his shirt.

"There is no solution. That is how I created the gun to BlackHat's specifications."

I couldn't speak. I waned to feel anger at BlackHat for making Flug make such a thing, but all I could feel was sadness. Sadness and pain.