Prelude

Everyone has dreams, wishes, and wants. Things they desire above all else. 

Love, riches, fame, power.

I never wanted any of that.

The only thing I ever longed for was to be ordinary.

It's not that I thought myself particularly special, or destined for greatness - I never believed I was that kind of different, no. But there was something. Just ask the doctors. The social service workers. All the foster parents - the ones who sent me back the moment they realized the extent of my "issues."

Diagnosed schizophrenic. Delusional. Paranoid. 

Pills and therapy. Regular doctor visits. Counselors, and trouble at school.

Evelyn Cassandra Ward: the certified head-case. 

I  didn't think I was crazy, but what explanation did I have for the things I saw? Shadows creeping in sunlit corners. Bone-chilling whispers and claws trailing down my spine. The glowing eyes peering in through the window that none of the other children saw.

When nothing the doctors did helped, I had no choice but to lie. To say the shadows stopped appearing. To learn to cry silently in the dark when the terror struck me.

Now here I am. In these last few years, I thought my life was starting to be normal, and after twenty-one years of hell, who would've thought things could get any stranger?

 In these last few years, I thought my life was starting to be normal, and after twenty-one years of hell, who would've thought things could get any stranger?

Shout out to Ciarra_13 for the amazing drawing seen up at the top! You rock!

And again, thanks for taking your time to read my story, I hope you enjoy it!