Chapter one

I grew up in a small city and my street didn't have many houses, just two or three else in the same side as mine. So I spent my childhood climbing trees or playing in the gardens around my house, almost always alone until my new neighbors arrived.

My parents and I really liked them when we went to meet them at their house and I also made a new friend, that was that family boy, who had almost the same age as I did.
_______________

Months later my parents divorced, I just wanted my mom back but she went away and I stayed with my father. I remember crying a lot in my room while my father was lying on the sofa watching football games.
And, from my window to the balcony of that room, I saw a little light being turned on and off, over and over again. When I went to see what it was, I got surprised by saw that it was from that boy's room, we could see each other  from our room windows. So I turned my light on too and we exchanged smiles.
_______________

He made me find a light in my life, in both ways. _______________

Then my school started and we were in the same classroom but in the afternoons I spent my time at music classes while he spent his time at art class. Because of this, we never talked in school but we always had our lights on at night until we went to sleep.