•8•

-Boze-

We had been pulling through the thick snow for hours, we were sure we'd outrun the gunman but we were also sure that any other survivors in the house were no longer surviving.

"I-its c-c-cold" I jittered as I huddled up to Courtney, Olivia and Mari.

"I-I know the r-road can't be far-" Wes muttered.

He helped each of us up, but I could barely move.
Wes had to support me the same way he did when he saved me, Sohinki had Mari whilst Flitz and Noah kept Olivia, Ian and Courtney going.
Despite Noah's injury and continuous blood loss, the snow was a good thing since his bandages has frozen solid.
But it was terrible for Ian since he was now the weakest.

We continued moving, hoping for the reassuring sound of snow plows or cars as we came to a clearing.

We stepped out of the forest to be met with a frozen lake.
Everyone had given up, the road was our last chance but..
we must have taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way...

Wes sighed in defeat and I had done all but collapse.

"That's it.. were dead." Wes planted heavily.

"N-n-no! We-e will be- okay." I croaked.
Wes wrapped his arms around me, trying to keep me warm.
I was cuddled up to him, looking over his shoulder.

Everyone had fallen to the ground or sighed in defeat as I came up with an idea.

"T-the s-s-s-smoke" I stuttered, pointing to the large cloud of black smoke erupting from where I assume our cabin once was.

Wes turned back, seeing the smoke cloud.

"Boze- y-you genius!" Wes said as he kissed my forehead.
It was then a quiet, continuous thundering sound echoed from all around us.

We all got up, frantically searching for it.
The sound grew louder and louder as four helicopters began swarming towards the house.

We all began jumping and screaming to get their attention, all but one passed us and we all had a glint of hope left.
We might actually survive.

The helicopter circled us before a long rope ladder was thrown down.

We all ran toward it, hope and excitement filled our minds until we were suddenly stopped by the loud bangs of a gun shot.

We froze, seeing the gunman standing at the tree line.

He slowly approached us as we began to run to the ladder, fearing if we were shot we would shatter.

Wes lifted me, allowing me to grab a higher bit of the ladder before two more shots were fired, throwing Wes' back.

I began climbing as I looked down, either the gunman was a terrible shot or we were just lucky.
Wes had been shot just above his collar bone on his shoulder.

"Hurry up!" He croaked as he pulled himself up,
Hurrying everyone onto the ladder.

Two more shots were fired, I refused to look down.
I just climbed the ladder, Mari and Noah were below me with Olivia and Courtney under them and Flitz and Lasercorn under them.

I was at the height where the ladder began to sway quickly so I had to hurry.
Any immediate noise drowned out by the sound of the helicopter as I was pulled in.......

I just had to hope Wes' was too..