12. You and I walk a fragile line

Karlie has been back in Los Angeles for two days and she still hasn't seen Taylor. The moment she arrived at the city she went straight to Cara's place to pick up her pets, her friend has been taken care of them for a long time and she really missed them, going home without them wasn't an option at all. Cara, who hasn't seen her in a month convince her to stay and have dinner together since Derek has promised to come over too. She enjoys the night with them, it's been a long time since they spent a night like that and also their friends were drying to know more details about her new romance with Taylor, which was all over the press every day. Karlie sent Taylor a text letting her know that she was going home when she finally left Cara's apartment but it was really really late and she couldn't go to Taylor's house.

The next day Karlie feels happy to wake up on her own bed, after spending months in hotel rooms that feels like heaven. She spend most of the day with Her sister Kristine and her nephew. The little baby has grown a lot and Karlie is already regretting being away for so long. It's like she hasn't realized how bad she missed home until she is back on Los Angeles. She has intention to see Taylor that day, she told the writer that she was probably going to her place once she leaves Kristine place but she get caught by David once he's back from work and invite her to stay a couple of more hours. Karlie can't reject the proposal since she hasn't being with them or barely talked lately. Karlie sent Taylor a text to warn her that she doesn't know how much time she is going to stay there, not promising to see her that day. Taylor understood it, she was with Karlie for a week in Toronto and her family haven't see her for a long time but that doesn't mean she's not disappointed because they still haven't been together since Karlie got back three days ago. While Karlie is at Kristine'a house she gets a call from Jourdan, who wants to meet her the next day, early morning to talk about something important but she doesn't reveal Karlie anything else about the meeting. The call means that one more time she has to cancel her plans for breakfast and beach time with Taylor. Karlie can't help it but feel guilty, she has been postponing Taylor's plans for four days but she can't do otherwise so she grabs her phone to call Taylor before going to sleep.

-Hey you, i was about to go to sleep- Taylor says picking the phone.

-Sorry but I has something to tell you and a text didn't feel right- Karlie apologizes.

-What is wrong?- Taylor asks worried.

-Look... I have to cancel tomorrow's plans- Karlie sighs- Jourdan called me for a meeting.

-I thought you were on vacation Karlie- Taylor reminds her.

-I am Taylor but she said it's important that we talk- Karlie explains.

-Come on Karlie! We have plans! Tell her tampoco meet another time- Taylor protests.

-I can't ok? It's late and she has kids that are probably sleeping- Karlie says.

-So you are canceling our plans right?- Taylor asks just to make sure.

-Yeah but we can make another ones- Karlie says trying to light the mood.

-Yeah sure just like the last four days- Taylor snaps.

-What does that supposed to mean?- Karlie asks even if she knows why Taylor says it.

-Nothing Karlie, just go to sleep, it's late and you have that meeting tomorrow- Taylor says not wanting to talk with her anymore.

-But Taylor...

-Don't ok?- Taylor interrupts her- I'm not in the mood to talk anymore so it's better if we just go to sleep, call me when you have time for me.

-Come on, don't be like this- Karlie protests.