14. I don't like your perfect crime

-Are you ok?- Taylor asks turning to look at Karlie who has her eyes focused on the plane window, they already can see Los Angeles.
-Yeah- Karlie nods.
-You sure?- Taylor insists.
-I am, stop worrying about me- Karlie says finally turning to look at her.
-Okay okay it's just that we haven't talked about you know what these last few days- Taylor reminds her.
-I know- Karlie agrees- look, Derek is going to pick us at the airport ok? I called him last night, he's going to take us to your place since my car is still there and we can talk with Selena and Jourdan, I think they do a good team together.

-Derek?- Taylor asks confused, Austin, Selena or Jourdan could have picked them and not bother anyone else.

-He has a magazine and he's my best friend, I want him there, I'm sure he can help us- Karlie explains.

-Okay- Taylor accepts giving up since she knows that they are not going to talk about Toni until they are with Selena.

The last few days at Caicos have been good even knowing what has happened. They decided it was a bad idea to keep their phones on plane mode, so after sleeping on the news, they called Jourdan and Selena to really know how was everything going. Selena tried to be more sutil because she didn't want to upset Taylor and make her anxious but Jourdan is more serious and goes straight to the point, they are screw.

Toni's interview had been a success but also generated a lot of critics and opinions. Everybody seems to have an opinion on the topic but the worst thing is that most of the people things that Toni is the victim and Karlie the bad guy.

The actress has never felt worse in her life, it was all bullshit and she didn't know how to change or fix what is going on. Jourdan and Selena would meet and talk about it before they got back so they can arrange a strategy or something to at least stop the problem from growing. Karlie has lied to Taylor when she said she was fine, she isn't but worrying Taylor and making her anxious is not going to help either.

They tried to forget, as much as they could, all those problems and focused on themselves. Obviously it's not the same that a couple of days before but they managed to have a great time and have fun. Karlie makes sure to say I love you to Taylor every time she can, sometimes it's when Taylor does something for her or takes a picture of them but other times it comes out from nowhere. It's like she is trying to convince Taylor that everything is going to be fine once they are back so she doesn't freak out or run away, since Karlie knows how much she hates the press.

They finally land at LAX, which is a bad idea since there are always paparazzis at the airport but they couldn't change the flight. Karlie has hired security against Taylor's will but she knows how intense paparazzi could be, especially now. Karlie grabs Taylor's hand and guides her behind the bodyguard to the exit. She can see the flashlights but they are both wearing sunglasses, so it doesn't bother a lot.

Derek waits for them at the front gate of the airport inside the car. Karlie is glad that her friend has tinted window, so they can at least have a quiet time inside until the traffic is gone and they can leave the airport.

-How are you girls?- Derek asks once he's driving to Taylor's place.

-We had a great time, we need it - Karlie answers from the copilot seat, she has left Taylor on the backseat to protect her from the pictures- what about you? miss me?

-Every second of the day- Derek jokes, he can recognizes when Karlie is avoiding something, she doesn't want to talk about Toni until they are at the house.

-Taylor, remind me to take him as babysitter next time so we can take our dogs- Karlie jokes punching Derek's arm.

-Sounds like a great idea- Taylor says with a shy smile, trying to get along.
-Reaaaally funny- Derek says rolling his eyes.
-Don't be a drama queen- Karlie jokes.