4. Losing you was blue

-Why didn't she tell me anything Cara?- Karlie asks covering her face with her hands, she is really sad, discovering about Taylor's autism through a book has been a low blow for her. 

-Maybe she didn't want to have that conversation- Cara says shrugging her shoulders. 

-We were dating for three months Cara, she should have told me- Karlie says raising her head to look at her friend. 

-I'm sure it wasn't easy for her Karlie- Cara reminds her. 

-Of course I know it wasn't easy for her- Karlie protests- but she lied to me about something really important about her. 

-Maybe she never told you because she was scared of your reaction Karlie- Cara tries to figure out. 

-You know I'm not the kind of person who would just leave her because of that Cara- Karlie says feeling offended by her friend. 

-I'm not you are not that kind of person Karlie but maybe deep down ....

-The truth is that she is the one who lied, she is the one who wrote this book and especially she is the one who left me- Karlie reminds her. 

-I guess you are right...

-Why did you want me to read the book Cara?- Karlie sighs, now that she feels so miserable she doesn't understand why her friend wanted read the book so bad. 

-When I read it I understood a lot of her and when I read the end... I think that maybe it will help you to hate Taylor a little less since... 

-I already told you that I don't hate Taylor- Karlie interrupts her. 

-I just thought that it would be good for you to read it, to help you to move on- Cara explains, she gets why Karlie doesn't understand it but she had a good reason for it. 

-I did move on Cara, I've been dating Toni for a while now and you know I care about her- Karlie reminds her. 

-I never said you didn't care about Toni but you still have something with Taylor going on, I know it, and you prove us right when you avoided talking about her for so long- Cara says really carefully, knowing that Karlie is always irascible with that topic. 

-Look I'm not going to keep talking about this ok? I can't believe she lied to me about something so big and specially because it was really important for our relationship- Karlie says shutting down that conversation. 

-I guess that you are not going to call her to talk about the book right?- Cara asks. 

-Not talking about this- Karlie repeats. 

-But... 

-Cara , I'm serious- Karlie warns her. 

-Okay okay- her friends sighs. 

After finishing 'Sounds of Summer', Karlie has locked herself up on her house. She needed time to think about everything she had read on that book. It wasn't only about them anymore, it was about Taylor's background story too and her past. When they were dating, Karlie thought that she made Taylor open her heart to her since she talked about her problems dealing with people and how high school was so hard for her. The problem is that Karlie discovered in that book more about Taylor than when they were dating and that hurt her, especially the part about her disease. Karlie don't understand why Taylor never told her anything, well she kind of understand it know that she knows about her autism. It's like suddenly all the pieces that never fit in the puzzle when they were together fall into place. Karlie feels betrayed, does she really know Taylor at all?  With the book Karlie also discovered that Taylor wanted a happy end after all, mort important, with her.