Chapter Seventeen

Hey everyone! Early update today because my amazing girlfriend and co-writer Caitlinneil7 finished school today for summer break. I'm so proud of you baby girl. ~Britt

Lauren's POV

Everything was a blur after they transferred me into the ambulance, I remember Camila holding my hand and whispering in my ear before everything went black.

When I woke up I was in a bright room surrounded by bright lights.

"You're awake." I heard from beside me and looked over to see Camila who looked like she had been crying.

"Yes." I said, uneasily while frowning.

What the hell happened? Where the hell am I? Why has Camila been crying? What the hell is going on?

I watched as Camila took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair tears were filling her eyes once more.

"Lauren, you, you need to start eating more." She said softly before looking away from me. "We almost lost the baby."

I bit my lip harshly, tears filling my eyes. I closed my eyes to stop the tears from falling.

Why did I have to be so broken? It's my fault we almost lost the baby. It's my fault I have PTSD. It's my fault I'm in a wheelchair. It's my fault I have anorexia.

Everything is my fault.

A tear slipped out of my eye.

My breathing sped up and I began to panic at the thought of eating.

"Hey, shhh, everything's okay baby." Camila whispered climbing onto the bed and wrapping her arms around me. "I'll always take care of you and our baby."

I leaned my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes. I bit my lip. Tears continued falling from my eyes.

"Baby, the doctor, he said that you're going to be on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy." She whispered in my ear as she held me close.

"But what about school?" I mumbled. "And physio?" I wasn't too haopy about missing school, but I didn't mind missing physio.

"He said you can still go to school and still do physio, however you have to take it easy." She sat up and pulled away from me, cupping my cheek she stared straight into my eyes. "I will be making sure you eat from now on and I will also be making sure you take it easy."

Her eyes darkened as she took a deep breath before she closed them.

"You're doing exactly what Lucy did to me with Lucas." She mumbled under her breath.

I think she didn't want me to hear that because when she opened her eyes she had a blank expression.

"You don't have to stay with me. Call my mom. She'll come and stay with me." I mumbled.

"I'm staying with you." Camila snapped before leaving the room.

I sighed, closing my eyes. I shook my head.

****

It's been a week since I was placed on bed rest and Lucas is now four years old. I'm slowly getting better with eating and walking, thanks to Camz.

I can at least make it from the bathroom to the bedroom without any issues.

Right now I'm sitting in the living room with the girls and Zayn, along with Elizabeth and Ariana. Camila is in the shower, and Lucas is taking a nap.

"Mommy, who's this?"

Or at least he was.

Sitting up some I looked at the picture in his hands, the girl in the picture looked familiar but I couldn't remember until I glanced up at Lucas.