Chapter Twenty

Hey everyone, was going to post this yesterday for the Fourth of July/Independence Day. But I'm posting it today instead because my computer hates me. So enjoy!~ Britt

Camila's POV

The doorbell rang as I helped Lauren into her jeans. I sighed and finished helping her get them on before running out of the room to answer the door.

Opening the door, I can't help but smile upon seeing Lucy. "Hey, he's just in the living room watching tv."

"Okay." She walked in and upon seeing Lucas, she smiled.

Lauren wheeled herself out of the bedroom and Lucy's smile faded.

"So, um thank you for doing this." I said quickly as I began putting Lucas' shoes on him. "I don't know what I would have done if you wouldn't have been able to babysit."

Lucy's smile comes back full force and she places a hand on my back. "Of course I would be available to watch him. He's our son."

I smiled at her before turning my attention to Lucas. "Are you excited, monkey?" I asked him.

"I'm spending time with MiMi!" He said excitedly while nodding his head.

He had taken to calling Lucy, MiMi after we explained that she was his mother.

I smiled again and stood up, turning to face Lucy. My eyes widening at how close we are standing.

"Okay, um I'll call you when we're done." I said handing her his bag.

She smiled softly. "Okay."

I could feel her breath on my cheek.

Swallowing thickly, I stepped back and turned to Lucas. "Okay, monkey. Go say bye to mommy." I told him softly.

He jumped off the couch and ran toward Lauren. "Bye mommy! Love you!"

Lauren smiled at him softly but she stayed quiet, causing me to frown.

What's wrong with her now?

"Okay, lil man, let's get going so mama can take Lauren to therapy." Lucy said holding her arms out for Lucas.

He rushed into her arms and grinned. "Can we gets ice cream?"

I smiled and walked over kissing his head before ruffling his hair. "See ya monkey."

With that done and over with Lucy carried him out the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked making my way over to Lauren.

She shook her head, looking down at her hands in her lap. "Lucy makes me nervous." She mumbled.

Sighing, I placed my hand under her chin and lifted her head up. "Why baby?"

She shrugged, shaking her head. "She yelled at me." She mumbled, tears welling up in her eyes.

My entire body tensed, before I pulled her into my arms and moved onto the couch. "When?" I asked as I ran my through her hair.

"The day you told me you were graduating." She mumbled.

The tears fell from her eyes and a sob racked through her tiny body.

I took a deep breath and held her close, burying my face in her neck. "That was yesterday." I whispered.

She nodded, a whimper escaped her lips. I could feel her heart beating really fast.

"I'm sorry baby girl." I whispered, leaning back and looking into her eyes. "I'll deal with her."

She nodded, tears still falling from her eyes. She sobbed.