Chapter Twenty-Two

Hey everyone! I decided to give you another update. Hope you enjoy it!~Britt

Camila's POV

It was around two in the morning and I was up with Kinsley, she wasn't sleeping very well and I didn't want to wake Lauren.

Thankfully she had managed to pump a few bottles for our little girl, so I was just in the nursery feeding her.

I smiled down at Kinsley in my arms as she drank from the bottle in my hand.

She looked so much like Lauren, it was uncanny.

Her eyes were wide open as she stared up at me, and I couldn't help but smile as I continued to feed her.

"You could have woken me up, I would have taken care of this."

I looked up to see Lauren standing in the doorway, a tired expression on her face.

"It's okay baby girl, you need the sleep." I said softly.

She sighed and walked over to me slowly. She leaned against me and smiled at Kinsley.

Lauren rested her head on my shoulder and yawned. I could see the tiredness in her eyes. She was still completely naked and I presumed she was too tired to get dressed.

I loved her smell, vanilla mixed with sweat.

"Mmm, your scent makes me want you again." I whispered in her ear.

Lauren looked up at me tiredly. She shook her head. "No." She mumbled, moving away and leaning against Kinsley's crib. She looked down at her feet, shyly.

"I didn't mean now baby girl, I just meant I love the way you smell." I mumbled before looking down, feeling stupid.

She looked up at me and frowned in confusion.

"W-what do you mean?" She yawned again.

I stayed silent and continued to feed our daughter before burping her, standing up, I gently laid her back in her crib.

"Nothing." I mumbled before making my way out of the room.

It's barely been a week of us doing this without anyone staying over, and I felt like she didn't want me sometimes.

Lauren followed me closely. "Camila, tell me." She said.

I just made my way into our room and climbed into her in nothing but my sports bra and boxers.

"Are you sure I'm what you want?" I asked, staring down at my hands.

"Yes." She said confidently. "Why are you asking that, Camz?" She asked, confusion crossing her features.

Shrugging, I looked up at her for a brief moment before looking down again. "I just, I can't help thinking about what my mother said last week." I mumbled.

She frowned and slowly got onto the bed beside me, putting her hand under my chin and forcing me to look up. "And what was that?" She asked.

"You deserve someone better than me." I whispered as tears filled my eyes. "I'm ruining your life."

"What? You're not ruining my life. I love you, no one is ever going to change that." Lauren cupped my cheeks. "Why would you say something like that?"

Despite being exhausted, Lauren still managed to use her words in a way that made my heart flutter.

I took a deep breath and pulled her into my arms, her legs on either side of my hips in a straddling position. However, this was nothing sexual.

"Laur, you're seventeen, I'm nineteen and you just had a baby three weeks ago." I whispered, as a tear slid down my cheek. "You're helping me raise a four year old, and all I seem to do is hurt you."