Epilogue

It was a bright and sunny day. Hyungwon had stepped out of the front door of his house and went to enter his car. He knew he was too early, but he had to go to university so that he could have more time to study. It was their midterms that time, and he didn't have room to fail.

Three years. It was three long years ever since Hoseok had left them. It was honestly painful to accept, but Hyungwon knew that he had to move forward. Hoseok wouldn't be very happy if he had let himself get affected by what has happened.

At first, Hyungwon really couldn't bear the pain. He was there when Hoseok smiled. He was there when Hoseok had let go. He was there the moment Hoseok closed his eyes, yet, he didn't do anything. He just watched Hoseok die in front of his eyes.

It was too painful to watch...

Mrs. Shin came immediately after finding out. Hyungwon thought that he would get his ears shouted off, but instead, Mrs. Shin was calm. She was happy because her son could no longer be in pain. She knew he was too young to leave the world, but the struggles in his physical form was something that Mrs. Shin was thankful of, that Hoseok could no longer experience further pain.

She was also thankful for Hyungwon. At some point, she knew that Hyungwon was the one Hoseok was waiting for. She wasn't exactly sure how Hoseok felt for Hyungwon, but she was exactly sure that Hyungwon had a special place in Hoseok's heart.

During the first days of Hoseok's departure, Hyungwon couldn't really think straight. He was physically present, but mentally missing. Emotionally, it was as if he died every single day. He never had the chance to tell Hoseok, in person, how much he loved him. He never had the chance to confess his feelings. He never had the chance to tell him his secret, when Hoseok had wholeheartedly told him everything his heart could fathom.

On some days, Hyungwon would look at the mirror and his other self would tell that instead of Hoseok, it should have been him who died. Hyungwon blamed himself a lot that he almost took his life for it. However, every time he had the chance of doing so, something would happen that would prevent him from doing so. He wasn't sure if it was a miracle of divine intervention, or simply a coincidence, or probably a curse that would torment him for the rest of his life.

Maybe it was Hoseok...

He eventually stopped. He realized that Hoseok gave up his life for him to live, not for him to take his own. He used that as an inspiration, and with that, he has lived up to the expectation of who he should be, and he is very thankful for it.

As he moved forward with his own life, he carried Hoseok's with his. He never forgot how much he loved Hoseok, and he used that as his own strength.

When heentered his classroom, Hyungwon took off all thoughts in his mind and preparedhimself to focus for the lecture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyungwon's class schedule for the day only consumed half of it, so he still had time to drop by somewhere. He cleared his table and put all of his things inside his bag. Being the very typical him, he stood quietly and made his way towards the bus stop.

His usual bus ride was quiet, as it had always been. It was something that, maybe, didn't change for him because it defined his peace. Silence.

The moment he arrived in his destination, he immediately went to the spot where he would pass by. He didn't have a hard time looking for that spot, because he came on a regular basis. He stood beside the stone which had the inscription Shin Hoseok.

Hello, Hoseok. How are you up there?

Hyungwon sat down and felt the silence of the cemetery. He felt peace. He never felt so tranquil. He never felt so happy. Whenever he had free time, he passed by Hoseok, because the other's resting place also made him feel at rest. It was his peace.

Although he never got the chance in confessing his feelings, Hyungwon knew that Hoseok somehow found out that he had feelings for him. At some point, the two of them knew that they loved each other. At one point in their lives, Hyungwon felt that they were really in a relationship.

For now, Hyungwon knew that this life wasn't theirs to claim. Maybe, sometime in their next life, they would eventually fall for each other again, and they would live their own happily ever after, like how other fairy tales would end. But for now, Hyungwon knew that things would just remain as they were, nothing more than that.

A secret.

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hi hello everyone! So yeah, believe it or not, it's already the last part of the story. I know this was all of a sudden, but yeah, as I said in my previous chapter, the plot was already thought of before, so if you expected something else, I do apologize for breaking your hearts. :'(

However, I would like to thank you all for accompanying me throughout the journey this story has embarked. I started this on my birthday, and I'm ending this on a random day. Thank you for all the support, love, and patience that you gave for this story.

Further, I would like to tell everyone that I am also writing another fic, so please stay tuned to it! I love you all!

Follow me here:

Twitter: @cinnamarbean

curiouscat.me/cinnamarbean

사랑해요~!