18.

Hi Hello Annyeong~ I'm back. I know I just dropped a bomb yesterday, so to simply clarify, I want to make it clear that I already had the plot in mind, so for those that were surprised with Chapter 17, I'm really really sorry. T_T

To make up for it, here's another chapter. Enjoy~!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyungwon ran his way towards the hospital where Hoseok was confined. He was still shook with what had happened, and he was able to interconnect the series of unfortunate events that had occurred between the two of them.

As Mrs. Shin narrated, Hoseok got into a car accident on a very rainy day, at the time that Hyungwon was looking for him. The car was running at a very fast speed, and due to the heavy rain, the driver didn't notice that Hoseok was standing in the middle of the street, thus the car crash. Most of his vital organs had been damaged, and it was since then that he was in coma.

Hearing the story alone made Hyungwon's heart ache a lot. He stopped his tears from flowing in front of Mrs. Shin, afraid of triggering the mother of his beloved again. He knew that she has already been through a lot, and making her cry would be the least of the things that Hoseok wanted.

Running at full speed, Hyungwon felt his tears fall with each step that he took. He realized that he wasn't ready to see Hoseok on a white bed, inside a white room, fighting for his life. Each step stabbed his heart, and each step made the weight on his shoulders heavier than how it should have been.

Although it wasn't proven yet, Hyungwon knew that the reason why Hoseok got into a car accident was because of him. Had he opened the door earlier, Hoseok wouldn't have left immediately and they would have talked things through. Had he opened the door, Hoseok wouldn't have walked his way out of Hyungwon's residence, pained at the treatment that he received.

It was all my fault...

As soon as Hyungwon had arrived in the hospital, he immediately went to where Mrs. Shin had instructed. He climbed up the stairs, and it was as if it took forever for him to reach the floor where Hoseok's room was. He continuously ran, not running out of breath nor feeling tired. He had no time for that. He needed to see Hoseok.

When he arrived in front of Hoseok's room, he gently opened the door. Inside, there was a nurse and the only sound that could be heard was the beeping from the heart rate monitor. The room was typically white, and it was somewhat dimmed. The nurse wasn't startled upon seeing Hyungwon enter the room and bowing at her. It was as if she was already expecting him to arrive.

"Good afternoon. I came here to see Shin Hoseok. My name is Chae Hyungwon and I am his best friend. Would it be fine for me to ask that the two of us be left so that I could say something to him, even though I know he won't be able to hear what I wanted to tell him."

The nurse smiled at him and told him that he was expected to arrive, as Mrs. Shin had instructed days before. She politely bowed to him before leaving the room.

"If you need anything, I will just be outside. You can just call me."

Hyungwon bowed and thanked her, as she made her way towards the door. He then walked towards Hoseok's bedside and got on his knees. Before was able to hold Hoseok's pale hand, he already began crying. It's been so long since he had held Hoseok's hand, as it was surprisingly pale.

"Hoseok..."

As he kneeled beside him, Hyungwon remembered all their happy times together. He remembered how Hoseok had been the only one to accept him as his best friend. He recounted every smile that they shared, every happy memory that he could think of. He smiled as he wept, holding Hoseok's hand and kissing it, recalling the times that he held that soft hand and proudly told the world that Hoseok was his best friend.

"I'm very sorry, Hoseok..."

Hyungwon cried his heart out as he remembered how much Hoseok has done for him. If not for the other, Hyungwon might have given up on living. He realized how much Hoseok has sacrificed to make him happy. Everything came back in a flash, and he realized how late it already was to appreciate Hoseok and everything he has done.

"I never would have thought things would happen this way..."

As a matter of fact, Hyungwon was always confident ever since Hoseok came into his life. Hoseok had helped him become more confident with himself, and Hyungwon admit that he owed a lot to him. This was the reason why Hyungwon was confident that one day, Hoseok would come to school and that they would talk things about the two of them.

"Because of that, I regret not making the choice for you. I regret not giving you my all. I regret all of my wrong decisions. I should have trusted you. I should have believed you. But I did not do those things, and instead, I trusted someone else. I betrayed my best friend. I knew it was wrong, but I kept on doing it, and now, this has happened to you. I'm deeply sorry, Hoseok..."

Hyungwon pressed Hoseok's hand softly, applying some pressure to it. Although it was realistically cold, Hyungwon believed it was warm and was filled with life. Hyungwon believed that Hoseok was sending warmth as a sign of acceptance. He believed that Hoseok's hand was responding to his words, forgiving him.

And then, Hoseok's heart rate monitor began beeping slowly than it originally did...

Hyungwon was about to leave and call the nurse outside, but he was stopped by Hoseok firmly holding his hand in return, stopping him in his place. Hyungwon felt like it was a dream, but it was real. He looked towards Hoseok's direction, and he could not believe his eyes as he saw Hoseok smiling at him.

He is finally awake.

Hyungwon started to cry once again. He held Hoseok's hand firmly, this time, feeling more real warmth than what he felt when he first came in. The silence of the room was replaced by Hyungwon's sobbing and Hoseok's weak giggling.

"Hoseok... why did you go away? You should have stayed. I opened the door for you, because I was already willing to talk to you–" Hyungwon stopped talking when Hoseok weakly raised his other hand to signal the other to stop talking. Hoseok was too weak to speak so he mouthed five short words and smiled at Hyungwon.

I'm sorry. I love you.

And then, as Hoseok smiled, the silence of the room was suddenly replaced by a long beep.