Chapter 2

*picture above is Jennafer or Jack (Elizabeth Olsen).*

It was quite a far walk from The Curtis' House over to Buck's. The coolness of the air made me rub my arms desperately for warmth. It was late in the fall and only days away from winter. Dallas glanced at me and noticed rubbing my arms, rolling his eyes, he took ofr his brown leather jacket. The embers from the cigarette in his mouth filled the night like fireflies.

"Here doll face, it'll hold you." He said putting the jacket over my shoulders. I smiled slightly up at him. Though it was out of character for a guy like Dallas, I appreciated the action. He seemed to be the guy with a secret nice side he didn't show anyone.

"Thanks," I replied putting my arms through the sleeves. It was a little too big for me as it only reached lower then my hips. I glanced over him, his elfish features glowed in the moonlight while the embers floated above him. His body was very thin and had average sized muscles. His walk was showing the world that the king of the streets was coming. I had a feeling his stare scared people as much as Rose's. He then stared at me with his own brown eyes. I immediately stopped glancing and kept walking. I could tell that a smirk was reaching his features and I felt my cheeks burning up.

"What?" I said defensively breaking up the stare he had. He stopped and just stared into my eyes. "What?!" I said again, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk. He bit his lip and shook his head.

"I can't help looking at such a pretty face under the moons light," He said starting to walk again. I rolled my eyes as more heat came from my cheeks. Ugh,he's such...such a.... he's gorgeous. Again, something I want about him, I just want. Not need, totally different circumstances. I don't know if it's lust or it's just my mind playing tricks on me but the pink on my cheeks was hard to ignore.

Later in the night we arrived at Buck's. It was eerie and looked abandoned but it wasn't. If it was abandoned the only type of ghosts that would be there is drunk ghosts, trust me, Jack wouldn't mind being a ghost here. I could smell the alcohol from a block away just like I could smell the alcohol on Jack earlier. She seemed nice though, for an alcoholic.

I shivered at the thought of this place being torned down and abandoned. Also the thought of being alone while the darkness scratches and squeezes every blood vessel that you have. The feeling of no one there for you, not even your family. Not even Rose. God why am I thinking of this?.

"You ok hun?"Dally said.

"Y-yeah, I-I'm fine." I stuttered out grabbing on to the rail that was in front of the entrance. He grabbed my hand and led me in, I tried to break free but his grip was too strong.

"Hun, you're gonna get lost in here. Trust me, you don't want to get lost. Jack's the only alcoholic you'd ever want to see here." He said looking back at me. I rolled my eyes as we proceeded up the steps. The musky aroma of beer and ciggarettes filled the room once we stepped in. Drunk women sitting on Drunk men, giggling and flipping their hair over their shoulder. The faint sound of country music filled the room as well.

I got a few glances of older men and not just ordinary glances either. I really grasped at Dally's hand, he rose an eyebrow but ignored it. Then, I got a smack on my bottom that caused me to yelp. "You ok?" Dally asked. I didn't respond but I help up both of my arms and wrapped around Dally's waist.

It all seemed so calming when I did this. It seemed that time was taking forever the light in the room gleamed and I could see people in slow motion. A women who was smoking in slow motion and a man sipping his beer in slow motion. It is quite hard to explain but I felt so secure with Dally. Maybe that was the itch I wanted.

The slow motion finally stopped and we arrived at the stairs. "Hold on hun, we need to go to my room first." He said and I glared at him. "Geez calm down, doll. I'm just getting your pajamas that's all," he said still holding my hand. I'm awfully surprised I didn't let go yet. We entered his room and it was very gloomy yet a hint of peace was felt. Either it was because of me or Dally.