Chapter 5

You can hear a nearby diners music Juke box playing faintly, 'Teenager in Love'. It was coincendentally one of my favorite songs by Dion. I actually had a crush on him for a while but usually most girls did.

"What do you want Rose?" I asked defensively. I was still pretty pissed off at her. I guess most people would be when their big sister kicked them out.

"I...I understand your mad at me, but I'm sorry. I again understand what you are going through, you know." Rose explained, "Through me and the rest of the gang." Rose said coming close to me. I thought for a moment, 'is this what she all wanted? Forgiveness?'

"I forgive you Rose." I said putting my hands around her waist. I looked at her, she had a sympothetic look towards her face. "Whats wrong Rose?" I asked worriedly, grabbing her hands.

"You cant come home Flamer." She said sadly. At first I thought she was kidding, but the sadness in her eyes says it all. I thought it was going to be different. A change for Rose's sake. My temper once began to rise and it was not a good feeling either. It triggered my emotions to go bezerk.

"What?" I said shaking my head, ripping my hands out from hers.

"I can't let you come with me, Phoenix. I cannot tell you further more.just please stay at the Curtis' house they won't find you. Jack will watch you and keep you safe, I promise." Rose said grabbing a hold of my shoulders. She gave me a hug and kissed my hair.

"I love you sissy but my problems are my own. Please don't stay mad." She said with tears filling her eyes. I was still pissed off and I shoved her off.

"Some sister you are! You make me forgive you and then you tell me I can't go home!" I said putting my hands straight into pockets. Rose just shook her head and took a deep breath. "An who is they?"

"I love you Flamer," She said hugging me once more. She was scaring me, how did she know The Curtis' brothers last name? Rose quickly, walked down the rails. It seemed as if she was being chased down. What was going on?

I wasn't angry anymore.I was mixed up inside I felt lile puking up my own tears. "Rose..." I whispered quietly as her shadow faded away from view for only a moment before appearing again.

She was gone. Probably for good. The big beautiful wolf that was my sister. What was going on? Was it the Fox Trots?

I looked down to see Rose talking to Betty. Rose shook her head in dissapointment. And suddenly they all ran away from view of me.

Again...What is happening? I put my hand over my mouth; I was about to cry. I took deep breathes, Dal called me to get down. "What was that all about?"Dally asked.

"N-nothing..." I replied, shaking my head slightly. Damn it, what has Rose done? What did she get herself into now?

"Hey, you ok?"Dal questioned. It took seconds for me to respond, I opened to mouth but nothing came out. My head was in loops, who's they?

We arrived at the Curtis's house, it was a quiet walk home. My emotions were all crumbled together. Do I laugh? Do I cry? Do I punch the first thing I see? "Hey Phoenix," Darry said greeting me at the door, a smile on his face.

When I entered, I saw probably one of the cutest sights I've seen in a long time. If  I wasn't in such a bad mood I would have asked for a pen and paper to draw it. Not far in front of the tv, Jack sat between Two-Bit's legs. His hands ran through her blonde hair before braiding it. Jack watched Mickey while the red head braided her long blonde hair. Jack let out a burp when Two-Bit tugged on her hair to tighten the braids. Of course, she had a beer in hand. She raised her hand to wave at me, her green eyes not leaving the screen.