Chapter TWO

"How are you feeling today Evelyn?" Dr. Jones asks me.

I sigh looking out the window, "Good,"

"Have you gotten angry in the last few days?"

I look at her and he smiles, "No," I look back out the window.

"Made any new frie-"

"No," I snap not letter her finish her question. The sound of pen on paper makes me look at her for a quick second.

"Any nerve to feeling to hurt someone?"

"No," I answer and I watch her stand up and walk out the room. Dr. Kimbly walks in with the same clipboard Dr. Jones had, he smiles at me.

"According to these notes, you still haven't made a friend yet," He sits down in front of me.

"What's the need for friends? I'm doing just fine on my own,"

"Friends will make you less angry, help with your social skills."

"All this is based on my anger? Will friends help with that? Or will it make it worse?" I ask him and he sighs.

"With our other student, we've worked with, having friends have helped them resolve issues. They talk things through with each other, it helps them." He says smiling at me, "So I've arranged a group of students from your school that has somewhat of the same issues as you. This will help you get better," He says standing up, "You will need to learn three things about each of them before you need to leave. This will continue until you've changed."

He walks out the room and a red-haired boy walks in, he has bright blue eyes. He sits in front of me and stares, "Falcon Phillps," He says and I nod my head at him.

"You're not going to tell me your name?"

"What's the point of that?"

"To get to know you, duh," He says slouching in the chair.

I scoff at him, "Evelyn Grace,"

"Your Eric's and what's-his-name sister," He says and I nod my head, "What are you in here for?"

"Oh, uh, I don't know. Maybe because I'm crazy."

"No one is really crazy,"

"If you say so Falcon,"

"My favorite color is red, I have five to six friends, have a step-father that I hate and have a little sister named Blaze." He says to me.

"Three brothers and one sister, zero friends, adopted, three favorite colors," I say and he nods his head, "Can he leave now!" I yell knowing the doctors are listening to this conservation.