Chapter EIGHT

3rd POV

She pulled down on the trigger not a where of Randel pulling in behind her.

She fires the gun and misses her mother's head by a few centimeters. Her mother screams as the bullet flys by her head.

Evelyn tries to swing her arm around but Randel quickly pinned her down.

He removed the gun from her hold and straddled her, Evelyn facing him.

She was breathing heavily, due to shock.

1st POV

I started deeply into Randel's eyes as he pinned me. I could hear sirens in the distance, he got off me and pulled me up.

He grabbed the gun off the ground and put it in his pocket. He tugged on the bottom of my shirt and motioned me to my mother.

The police cars came to our hose and zoomed by it onto another street. Randel took hold of my hand and I flenched.

He notice and came up to me, his breath fanning the top of my ear, "Can I hold your hand?" He asks and I slowly nod my head.

He nodded and grabbed my hand again. He lead me to his bike and told me to get on. 

I did and he held onto his waist as he rode off. I could hear my mother yelling at me.

Her voice began to vanish as we drove farther ways. I enjoyed the scenery as the trees wizzed by, only becoming a blur.

Soon he stopped at a small house. It was a blueish color with a nice and simple garden out front.

I got off and quietly made my way to the front door of the house, Randel flowing closely behind.

"You can stay here to cool down." He says opening the door, "My parents are rarely home." He says walking inside.

I take a look around the house. It's very simple, kitchen to the right, a middle sized living to the right. There's a back room, a stair case in the middle spiral near the back room.

"The guest room is upstairs next to mine. Come on I'll show you to it."

I followed him up the steps into the guest room. It's painted a low green and there's a dresser and bed inside. A closet and that pretty much it.

"The bathroom is down the hall if you need to use it." He says to me about to leave.

"Randel." I call.

He turns around to face me.

"Why did you stop me?" I ask and he tenses up.

"If you killed your mother, your life wouldn't be the same. Your father would probably be depressed and your brothers and sister would probably hate you forever." He says out of breath.

"Thank you for......thank you for letting me stay here until I get better I guess. Just.......thank you." I say before getting up to hug him.

He tenses under me and then relaxes hugging me back.

"Your welcome anytime Evelyn, anytime." He says burying his face into my neck, "You smell like banana pudding." His voice is muffed by my hair.

"I do use banana smelling shampoo." I say as I smile against his shoulder.

"Why bananas?" He asks pulling me closer to him.

"When I was younger, my mum would make me banana pudding for me when i was upset or not felling well. I guess the smell grew on me." I say.

"She seems nice."

"Was." I say, "She was nice until I went crazy." I say simply.

"Well maybe being crazy is a good thing." He says as he lets go.

He holds me at arms length and smiles at me, "Being crazy is like, being the next mad hatter. Which is good because Alex will always be there to save him." He says giving me his biggest smile. He has dimples, it's so cute.

"I guess your Alex then, always saving me from shooting someone's head off." I say sarcastically.

He puts an arm around my shoulder and we head downstairs.

I sit at the table, I was waiting for Randel to return from the kitchen. He was cooking dinner, I didn't know he could cook.

A few minutes passed by and he came back with two plates of, grilled cheese and nacho Doritos.

"It's not much, but I work with what I've got." He says placing the plate down in front of me. He sits in front of me and he starts to eat.

We eat in silence until he asks me question, "You never did tell me who the people were that put you into the car." He says.

"I was looking at my brother, and then the police barged into the room and pinned me onto the ground. It took four people to hold me down while one of them put the cuff on me. Two people to take me to the car and then shut the door before I could get out." I say to him eating.

"How long?"

"It's took them over an hour to finally put in the vehicle." I say bitterly, "I never talked to my parent a week later after that, but me and my brothers where always close. Susan, not so much." I say taking another bite.

After a few nine the doorbell goes off, a nice tone is played in the house.

Randel gets up to get the door, he walked back with two other people. His parents, I assumed.

"Hi, I'm Evelyn, Evelyn Grace." I say standing up.

"Hello Evelyn, I'm Tashara Jones, Randel's mother." She says holding out a hand.

I shake it without hesitation.

"I'm, Zackary Jones, the father." He says holding out his hand. I do the same thing I did with his mother.

"You made grilled cheese Randel, you are so taughtful." She says to him.

"Well I figured if we where going to eat, I might as well make y'all something too." He says siting back down in front of me.

"They seem nice." I say to him once they went to the kitchen.

"They are, even when their not here most of the time you'd think they'd forgotten about little o'me. They didn't, and when they are here, their the sweetest."
He says going to grab your empty plate.

"Would you like anything to drink?" He asks.

"What do you have?" I ask him, a smile playing its way onto my lips.

"Water, lemonade, orange Fanta." He says.

"Water is fine." I say to him and he disappears behind the door.