Chapter SIX

I walked into class late, detention, yay me. I sit next to Avery who has all his buddies sitting next to around him.

I sigh and sit down, that boy, which I still don't know his name, is here as well. He's looking at me.

The teacher, Ms. Hellen, started to take roll. She got to me and I just sat there, this would get me another detention, but I didn't really care.

"Evelyn Grace?" She asked again.

"She's here." Avery said looking at me.

"Evelyn?" She asked me again.

"That's my name isn't it?" I ask her.

"Detention." She says sternly.

"Yay me." I say sarcastically to myself.

**

I walked into detention and sat down, next to that boy that's always with Avery and them.

Ms. Hellen walks into the room and looks at us.

"Everyone is here, correct?" She asks us.

I here some 'yeps', 'sure' and other words. I snicker and he looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Sense most of you are here often I decided to give you partners and a worksheet that would be done by the end of the class." She says calling out the names.

I wasn't paying attention obviously, so I didn't see the boy come and sit in front of me until he put the tip of his pen on my nose.

I looked at him blankly and he raised another eyebrow. 

"You don't talk much do you?" I ask him looking at the paper.

"No." He says to me. I look up at him and pass him the paper.

"You don't show a lot of emotion do you?" He asks me.

I stare at him coldly before taking the paper from him, "Shut with the questions will you." I say to him.

I pass him the paper and get up and grab my bag off the floor.

"Evelyn where are you going?" Ms. Hellen asks me.

I look back at her then at the boy, "Out." Is all I say before leaving.

"Stupid boy. Stupid questions. Doesn't he know people like their privacy?" I mutter to myself.

"I do, and I have a name ya know." He says from behind me.

"What?" I ask him folding my arms across my chest.

"It's Randel, Randel Jones. And I asked you that question because you don't show any emotions." He says putting his hands into his pockets.

"Why do you care?" I ask him standing my ground.

"Because, I know what you did." He says.

"No you don't." I say to him.

"Yes. I know you went to juvie for a year, but yet you said you were outa town across the world to see your great grandmother. I know why you went." He says again.

"No you don't." I say again.

"You fought someone and you almost killed that person. No, it was two people. Your older brother was there, he tried to stop you, but I guess you slipped or something. Making the girl, miss his heart by, what, about 5 or 7 centimeters." He says standing in front of me now.

"How do you know that?" I ask him.

"Because Evelyn, some part of that story made me not talk. Just like you show no emotion, it's my reason not to talk. I have my walls you have yours, but you have to figure out why mine are up. I already know your reason."