Fading apart

It's been a couple of months now since Lance left. Keith found himself only feeling worse everyday. He's been doing bad in school, and now it's gotten even worse since Lance stopped responding to his texts. It was driving Keith crazy since he didn't know if he was okay. As Keith though about this, he had gotten called down to the principals office. He reluctantly got up, and gave Hunk and Pidge a look of worry as he left the room. He walked down to the office and waited. He waited for what felt like forever. He was nervous, though he already knew why he was down there. Finally, the Principal called him in.
"Alright Keith, you probably already know why I've called you down... Take a seat." He invited Keith to sit. He slowly sat down, staring at the man. He'd never seen the Principal before, nor talked to him. It was odd.
"So, your grades have been slipping very dramatically. School has only been in for not even two full months and you already have an F in most of your classes. What seems to be the issue?" He asked him. He didn't seem mad or anything, it was like he actually cared and wanted to talk. Keith sighed, and looked down at his lap.
"Well, I'm just having trouble focusing is all." He said, knowing exactly why.
"Whys that?" The Principal asked. He seemed confused, but intrigued.
"Um well recently my partner had to go live in a different state. It had to happen, and there was no stopping it. I just... I miss him. It's been really hard for me and he even stopped responding to my texts a while back, I just need to know if he's okay. I just want to see him smile again..." Keith didn't mean to full out tell the Principal. He was handed a tissue as he didn't realize he was crying either.
"I see. Have you ever thought to go visit him?" The Principal asked. He shook his head numbly and wiped away his tears. "You should take a few days off and visit him." He suggested. Keith stared at the man.
"What about school?" Keith asked. The Principal smiled.
"It's only the first semester, nobody cares really. I'll see what I can do and get make up work for you. As Principal it's my job to make sure every student is happy and doing well. After all, you students are the future." He explained, making him fill out an absent form to get his makeup work. The only problem is he didn't know where Lance was... But Hunk should. They are best friends. So Keith left the office and at Lunch he talked to Hunk.
"You're really going to visit him?!" Pidge exclaimed, her eyes glowing. Keith nodded.
"Uh I dunno man..." Hunk trailed off. Keith and Pidge both stared at him.
"What do you mean?" Keith asked.
"Maybe you shouldn't... I mean... School and all..." He suggested, but it's like he was hiding something.
"Nonsense. I talked to the Principal and he's fine with it. So, you know where he is?" Keith asked.
"Yeah but... Look, I told him I wouldn't say anything." Hunk finally said. Keith felt his heart drop.
"Say anything? What do you mean?! Does he not want me to see him?!" Keith felt anger and sadness jab at his heart.
"Woah, calm down! I'm just saying... I'm not entirely sure, okay? But he made me promise I wouldn't tell where he was. I'm sorry Keith, friends honor here." Hunk finally said and got up and left. Keith sat there, thought crowding his mind. Pidge just awkwardly stared at her food. Finally she got the courage to speak.
"I'm sure that's not what he meant. I'll hack his phone and get you the information to see him." She finally said. Keith just nodded.
"Thanks." He mumbled. Why wouldn't he wanna see him? Does he suddenly hate me? Did he move on?