Thought

Ch. 2: Thought

Night was still young and starry, the moon out shining the small specks of light. Wind howled with a sorrowful pitch as bodies tossed in their sleep. Over at the tree house, Cake slept restlessly, a nightmare.
It started as a game to look for Monochrome, Cake's boyfriend. But once she found him, he was slaughtered, turned into glue. Her tears filled the room like a flood, scaring the living day lights out of her from getting wet.
Cake bolted up strait, awake and in a cold sweat. The cat held her tail tight against her chest as her breath came in huffs. Her ears and shoulders drooped down when she relaxed. She stretched across the room to go into the kitchen, for she feared the dream would come back if she went to sleep again.
Each step was ten feet apart, tip toeing with minuscule paws, until she reached her destination. In the kitchen she prepared a midnight snack, a slice of red velvet cake and a glass of milk.
"I know I said I'd diet..." Cale said to herself as she poured the milk, "but mama needs some sugar..." she grabbed her glass and took a giant swig of the milk, chilling her dry mouth. Then her tail puffed up.
Out of no were the was a loud swish of fast air, the slice of cake was gone. Cake frantically looked around with a clawed grip on the glass, yet she could hardly see anything except for the circle of moon light in front of her.
"W-who's there?" the cat called out. Both of her hands clutched the now cracking glass as her eyes dilated. Then there was a chuckle, a deep, evil chuckle from a far corner. Cake sat there cowarding, then she finally realized.
"Glob it Marshal!" Cake sassed, "Boy, you scared the hell out of me." Marshal emerged from the shadows into the moon light, the piece of cake cradled in his palm.
"Damn, can't scare ya as much as I used to..." Marshal breathed as he pressed the red slice to his lips.
"Why are you here? It's the middle of the night!" the cat pressed on, the glass still against her chest. The vamp just looked at Cake under his lashes as he sucked the cake's color out.
"I'm banned from Gum Ball's castle." Marshal simply stated as he set the grey slice on the table.
"What'd you do this time?"
"Nothing really..."
"If it's nothing then why are you banned?"
Marshal turned back towards the cat, looking under his lashes.
"Do you know who... who Gum Ball likes?" Marshal questioned, turning red when he realized he said it too urgently. Cake didn't notice, for she was shocked that he asked that.
"Uh, n-no... no I don't." The cat replied with a bewildered look, it was too dim in there to notice the vamp was a different color. He was about to ask more questions, but he choked on his words. Marshal just shook it off turning back to his pale façade.
"What ever," The man sighed, "I've gotta... gotta go... something..." with that, he flew off, exiting through the window he came in.
"Stupid Vampires," Cake complained, "With their pissy attitudes, and the fangs, and the bleh, and the..." The cat's voice became distant to the vampire, not caring about a word she uttered.
Marshal just soared across the empty planes of Aaaa, strumming his base while creating lyrics for the beat.
"There-
Are- no- words
To say....
Here-
All- I- see
Is grey...
No colors are vibrant
It's ultra, nonviolent
But all-
I- see- is you...
And your-
a-nnoy-ing hue..."
He rolled his eyes with a heavy sigh that said "Screw this..."
Marshal hung in the air as he clashed a series of chords, blank expressionism this fit of frustration. Some reason he felt hurt by the sugary prince's words from before, like a stab in the heart.
'What am I feeling...?' He thought through the noise, 'I'm not gay... no way.' With a glance, he looked over at the Candy Kingdom.
'This bastard just gets on my nerves, nothing more. Screw this, screw him!'
Marshal turned his back to the palace, then pushed through the air like a bullet. Air rushed by as he shot through the sky, passing over countless other kingdoms. Finally he reached his destination, the sea shore. Marshal hadn't been here since he fought that yellow, ghost urchin with Fionna.
'That's what I should be worried about!' Marshal internally hollered, 'A girl! Not a guy, not my best friend.' the vampire sat there for a moment, dwelling on the thought until it occurred to him- how long has Gum Ball liked him? Why must this come up now?
The guy swooped down into the moss hidden cave where he laid down, the moss cooling off his body as he did so.
"I haven't been this warm in a thousand years..." Marshal said when he felt the cold plant on his skin, "I- I don't like it..."