Chapter 4

This was going to be one long night. I would be stuck with a jackass all night. As I put up the tent the douche didn’t even offer to help me put it up. I ordered pretty boy to go get some wood to make a fire. I was glad he did what I said because I really didn’t want to get too cold tonight. When I finished putting up the tent It was very small. It would only fit two people. I heard a twig snap. I spun around ready to fight.

 I relaxed when I saw it was Chase with an armload of wood.

 “Put it there.” I said pointing to the middle of where we were camped at.

 He dropped it to the ground and started setting up the fire. I threw the book of matches at him that I found in the bag that held the tent.

 Once the fire was going I crawled into the God forsaken tent wanting to sleep this out. Soon I felt Chase crawl in beside me. I felt his hand touch my ass and that pissed me off.

 “Don’t touch me.” I said angry.

 “But you’ve got such a nice ass.” He said. I knew he was smirking.

 I rolled over to face him. I didn’t realize that he was so close so when I rolled over my face was inches from his.

 “Miss Day.” He whispered.

 I looked up at him but he wasn’t Chase anymore. He was someone I haven’t thought about in a year, someone I refused to think about. Chase’s piercing green eyes were replaced by dark brown mysterious ones. I watched as his lips came closer to mine and felt as they gently brushed mine. But these lips didn’t feel the same as Danny’s.

 I opened my eyes to see Chase instead of Danny. I pulled away and quickly scrambled away from Chase Lovelace.

 “Day!” He called after me.

 I ignored him and ran blindly through the dark woods. Finally I collapsed to the ground holding my chest as I felt my heart break once again. I let tears slip from my eyes as I hugged my knees to my chest.

“Danny tell them It wasn’t me!” I begged over the phone at the police station.

 “Day you had the gun in your hands.” Danny said.

 “But you saw Halley shoot him.”

 “No I didn’t.” He denied, “Halley is the nicest most beautiful girl in the world, she would never do that.”

I felt a lump form in my throat. So it was true, he and Halley were messing around behind my back.

“Fuck you Danny.” I said and hung up.

 I had ran a hand through my hair, then I confessed to a crime I didn’t commit.