Chapter 7

-Chase-

 I sat in my school desk reading my text book. I was in a bad mood for the past four days since last Friday. I looked up from my book to see Day looking at me. She had up her façade once again but I could see through. I knew she liked me. I could see it in her silver eyes that she didn’t hate me. She’s just protecting herself for no reason. We looked each other in the eyes for a while before the teacher dismissed us to our dorms. I stood from my seat and followed Day to her room. Apparently she didn’t know I was behind her because she about screamed when I shut the door to her room behind me.

 “What are you doing here?” She said once again sounding bored.

 “Stop it!” I exclaimed.

 She blinked at my outburst, “Stop what?”

 “Stop acting like you don’t care about anyone or thing!” I said, “’Cause you may be fooling everyone else, but you’re not fooling me.”

 She narrowed her eyes at me.

 “You are the most aggravating girl I’ve ever met in my life!”

 I walked up to her and put my forehead on hers, “The most beautiful aggravating girl.”

 I pressed my lips to hers and surprisingly she kissed me back. She kissed me like she was hungry, starving for my touch.

 She pulled away and gasped for air. We both were breathing raggedly.

Day’s eyes looked uncertain and weary. She took herself from my arms and looked out the window.

 “I didn’t do it.” She whispered so low I barely heard it.

 “I know.” I said placing a hand on her shoulder.

 That’s when she broke down and told me everything. Her friends had betrayed her as well and her so called boyfriend cheated on her with the person who actually fired the gun. She told me how she had once thought she was in love with him and how if she thought about she could see how fake he was with her.

 I couldn’t understand how someone could do this to a girl like her. Day she was the sweetest girl the most real person I knew even when she put up her front.

 I took out my cell phone. She gaped at it.

 I bribed them to let me have it but I didn’t tell Day that.

 I punched in a number and listened to it ring.

 “Hello?” answered a grouchy voice.

 “Perry!” I said.

 “What do you want Lovelace?” he asked.

 “I need a favor.”

 “What kind of favor?”

 “There’s this girl, she’s gotten in some trouble for something she didn’t do and I need someone to expose the person who really did it.”

 Perry was quiet for a little while.

 “This girl, is she important to you?” He asked.

 “Very.” I admitted.

 “Well, boy, if she is important to you she is to me.”

 I explained to him what happened and he said he would get to work on it.

 “The paternity test is tomorrow. If and when it comes back negative for your being the father you’ll coming home soon, in less than a week.” He said.

 I glanced at Day, “What about Day?” I asked.

 “I don’t know when she will go home.”

 I heard some noise in the background, “I got to go, bye Lovelace.”

 And he hung up.

 I told Day what Perry said and her eyes lit up. She pushed me onto my back on her bed and crashed her lips to mine.