Chapter 13

Day-

 I woke up kind of dazed all I could see was bright lights blurring my vision. I groaned, I knew I wasn’t  dead because of all the pain I was in. I tried to sit up but collapsed back onto the pillow.

“Mama?” I groaned.

 A soft familiar hand wrapped around mine. I blinked a few times and looked at her. Her red hair was a mess and her make-up smeared and her light blue eyes were red and puffy.

 “It’s all that bastards fault!” She said angrily.

 “Mom-“

 “He could of got you killed!”

 “Mom.” I said more sternly.

She looked  up at me wiping away fresh tears.

 “It’s not Chase’s fault. He had no idea it was Halley.”

 Mom smiled sadly then her face brightened.

 “I about forgot,” she said going through her purse, “It’s your birthday so I got you this.”

 She handed me a small silver box. I opened it slowly and gasped. Inside was a silver necklace with a big sapphire pendent. Little onyx gems surrounded the deep blue sapphire creating a heart. I looked up at Mom with tears in my eyes.

 “How’d you-“

“Don’t worry about it.” She interrupted me.

 There was a knock at the door. I looked up to see a grey haired nurse smiling at me.

“You have a visitor.” She said kindly stepping aside.

 Chase came in on crutches and leaned against the wall breathing heavily.

 I looked at Mom, she got the hint without a problem. She kissed my forehead and left the room but not without a glare at Chase.

“Hey.” I said quietly as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

“Hey.” He said.

We stayed quiet for a while then he said, “I messed up.”

 I scoffed.

 “I was just wondering if we could,” He ran a hand through his hair, “if we could start over?”

 I thought about it while I looked him over. He looked tired, his green eyes had bags under them and his skin was pallid.

“Okay.” I said.

He smiled widely causing me to smile too.

“Hey, I’m Chase Lovelace.” he said.

 “I’m sorry Chance but I have no Idea who you are.” I tried not to laugh.

 “It’s Chase.” He frowned.

 “Chase, Chance, sounds the same to me.” This time I laughed and he did too.

 Chase leaned in and whispered against my lips, “I love you.”

 “I love you, too.” I whispered back.

Then he kissed me so soft and gentle that it felt like a dream.