Chapter 11

-Day-

 When I got back to my old high school I signed up for drama class. The drama teacher was excited that I signed up I can’t say the same for the students though. They seemed nervous around me, but that was okay. Most of the student body still thought I was the one who shot that man even though they saw cops come in the school and arrest Halley and drag her out of the school kicking and screaming.

 It was almost the end of the school year and Mrs. Keller had arranged for her best drama students to visit LA for an appearance in a new movie. Only three of us were going and I was one of the three. We could bring along a guest so I brought my best friend, my mom.

 Before we left for the airport I took out a piece of worn out paper from a book that I had totally forgot about until now.

 “Come on Day!” Mom yelled.

 “Coming!” I yelled back.

 So that is how I ended up in warm and sunny LA. I scaned the people walking on the sidewalk looking for him. I moved in my seat and the paper crinkled in my back pocket. I took it out and looked at it intently.

 “Call him.” Mom whispered.

 “I can’t call Chase Lovelace!” I exclaimed.

 The cab driver gave me an odd look from the rearview mirror.

 “Day Annaleigh Howards, you are going to call him.” Mom said.

 I raised my hands up in surrender, “I’ll call him, mama, just not right now.”

  The cab pulled up in front of a very nice looking hotel. He got out of the front and opened the trunk of the cab and got out our bags. Mom paid him the money we owed him and he left. I grabbed my bag and headed inside. Mrs. Keller and the other students were waiting at the front desk.

 “Day, Ms. Howards!” She said wrapping me in a hug, “You’re finally here!”

She handed my mom a key card and led us to our room. Room 420. I tried my best to keep from laughing. My mom was a major pot head.

 I looked out the window. It was a very pretty view. I sat in front of the window until the sun went down. When the sun was completely gone from the horizon I rose from my chair in front of the window to the phone on the little in table beside the bed. I pulled out the paper from my pocket and dialed the number. It rang and rang. I was about to hung up when someone answered.

 “Hello?” answered a very light and girly voice.

 “Hello, is Chase there?” I asked.

 “Who the hell is this?” She asked.

 Think of something Day!

 “I’m his cousin.”

 I heard a sigh on the other end.

 “Chase your cousin is on the phone!” the girl yelled, “He’ll be here in a sec.”

 I waited for few moments when a voice that I hadn’t heard in so long answered.

 “Hello?” He asked.

 “Hello.” I said quietly.

 I could hear the confusion in his voice, “Who is this?”

 “It figures that you don’t remember me, Pretty boy.” I said.

 I heard a loud crash.

 “Yeah I’m fine Bailey. I just dropped a phone.” Chase said then to me, “You’re calling from a local number, are you here?”

 “No, Pretty boy I’m in “Narnia.”” I said sarcastically, “Where do you think I am?”

 “Where are you at exactly.”

 I told him the hotel and room number.

 “Can I- can I come see you?” He asked.

 “I told you the room number for a reason.” I said.

 “I’ll be there ASAP.” He said.

 “See you when you get here, then.”

He said goodbye and hung up.