Skyfall

Midnight Skyfall opened her eyes slowly as sunlight hit her eyes. The light came from a small tear in her royal blue drapes that were over her window. The 14 year old girl rolled over to her side and covered her head with her pillow groaning. She laid there only for a moment until she started to feel excitement boil inside her, but why? Why was she so excited this morning? Is it because it is winter break? No, it is something better. The trip to Seattle! Midnight quickly sat up in excitement. threw her blanket off and jumped off the bed making a loud thump.

Midnight opened up her closet and grabbed a Linkin Park shirt neatly folded and was ironed flat last night so there was almost no wrinkles what-so-ever and a pare of skinny jeans. Her trying to put on her clothing was comparable to a drunk man trying to stand on one leg. As soon as she pulled up her jeans she stumbled and fell to the ground with a loud BANG. Luckily she did get the pants on so when she fell she didn't have to go through pulling them on again. She pushed herself off the ground and stood up shaking her head. She zipped and buttoned up her pants and slid on her light grey Linkin Park shirt and flung open her door.

Midnight smiled widely as she ran down the hallway and stairs. The smell of cooking pancakes filled her nose as she took a deep breath in and let out a happy sigh. Midnight slowed down and walked into the kitchen to see her mom with her apron on cooking the pancakes.

"Woo! Pancakes!" Midnight threw her fists strait into the air in happiness. Her mom glanced at her like she had gone insane and had run downstairs streaking.

"Midnigh-" her mom started to say but was interrupted Midnight wrapping her arms around her in a tight embrace.

"Loooove yoooou!" Midnight hollered as she gave her mom a bear hug.

"Midnight! I'm trying to cook!" her mom shouted in pure surprise.

"Oops!" Midnight quickly be handed her mother and stepped back.

"And be quiet, or you'll wake up your brothers," her mom started to say but was far too late. They started to hear loud thumps speeding upstairs towards the staircase. Her mother sighed heavily and shook her head and went back to cooking.

"Pancakes!" came the happy voices of Midnight's two 8-year-old brothers, Shawn and Chris. The two boys jumped up and down with joy making loud thumps on the dining room floor then ran into the kitchen staring at the food like it was going to get up and jump into their drooling mouths.

Midnight rolled her eyes and mumbled, "dorks..."

"Hey!" snapped Chris who obviously had heard.

Midnight rolled her eyes and walked towards the living room. She poked her head around the corner and saw her sister, Stephanie, sitting on the couch with her feet resting on the coffee table. Stephanie turned her head to Midnight and rolled her 18-year-old eyes.

"Were you fighting a bull upstairs, Nighty, and if you did you win?" her sister laughed to herself as her eyes dragged back to the flat screen TV that was playing the cartoon, Invader Zim.

"Oh shush it!" Midnight snapped. "And don't call me Nighty! I told you a million times now not to call me that childish name!"

Stephanie just laughed at Midnight and continued to watch the show.

Midnight sighed heavily and walked to the dining room and sat down. Looking down at her feet realizing she still hasn't put on socks and shoes. She didn't care, she still had an hour until she had to leave. Looking up she saw her sketchbook and an art pencil in the middle of the table. Smiling she pulled them to her and started sketching the outline of a head that soon became Mike Shinoda from the band, Linkin Park.