Chapter 4

"You could stop fussing." He sighed as I moved around the room, cleaning up the mess left from earlier, going to put stuff in the wash. I had to stay busy or I would just worry and the bond would consume me. "Come on; please someone tell her to stop fussing and just come by me." I looked to everyone who just entered the room and to Kolby.

"There are those eyes." He whispered letting his smile show. I closed the gap between him and I in record time and just curled into his shoulder. "Finally."

"Who do you want to train her to fight?" Colt asked drawing his attention from just smelling my hair and taking in how his skin felt touching me.

"Emilia is probably the best fighter I know. She should do it." He answered not even looking up from what he was looking at, me.

"Well I never—did he really just compliment me?" She scoffed and laughed.

"Well I don't need her getting hurt. You can give her the best chance at not dying when Roy tries again." He answered strongly emphasizing the when.

"Okay, so that will start in a day or so. You two need to spend the night together, tomorrow the bond won't be as annoying as it is today. We have enough people in and around this house that would make a small army. Roy would be stupid to try again." Colt explained as everyone nodded. They all said their goodbyes, as they all exited except for Bekka.

"Can I stay here for a while?" She asked and I cocked my head concerned.

"I was staying with Charlee—Liam has been going there a lot and it's just getting awkward. He's trying to get her and I know you mated with Kolby but still. With your sister?" She explained and clenched my jaw.

"He's an idiot. He can't have you so why not the next best thing. Yeah, Beck, you can stay here. I have the spare room down the hall for as long as you need it." He answered and she smiled.

"What is it like to mate?" She asked breaking the silence.

I opened my eyes to look at her as she stared intently at Kolby and I. "What you saw with when I was with Liam was nothing. I have this intense desire and I guess burning in a place low in my soul that only his touch, the sound of his voice, and that only he can calm."

"Unfortunately then also the world itself starts to revolve around that person. You would protect them until their last dying breath." He said to my scowl.

"That isn't going to happen. Ever. I will learn how to fight, better than you and then neither of us will get hurt." I answered drawing Kolby's smirk and Bekka sighed.

"When will I find him? My mate..." She whispered and I frowned.

"It will happen. Do you think I was honestly looking when he walked into the office a day ago? No. I still at that point had feelings for Liam. But his scent, his voice, just his everything over powered it until it wasn't there anymore and only he remained." My response wasn't even spoken towards her, I was looking at Kolby as his head slightly lolled, resting further back onto the pillow and he cuddled into me. I was lying beside him already with my arm above his head on the pillows. He settled into the nook I had created and I just smiled softly.

"I want that. Right there, the way the tension in his brow and along his jaw just instantly melted away as you pulled him closer." She answered and I knew there was nothing to say. I had what she wanted. And at that moment, I realized it was with WHO she wanted.

"Did you know Kolby before?" I asked softly.

"I wondered when you would figure it out. Yes. I wandered a while before settling in Wisconsin. I met him a few years ago and we dated. But the imprint never happened. We had fun but he wanted to find his mate. How was he supposed to know it was going to be with my future best friend." Her answer made my heart break.

"I am sorry... And you never mated with Liam either..." I spoke realizing.

"No, I never did. Again, just a little fling that never went anything. Starting to think I'm going to be the one wolf that won't mate. I know Colt has called it something I just don't remember right now." Her words were filled with pain and heartache as a knock at the door drew both of our attentions. I moved easily from the bed moving to stand in front of Kolby, protecting him from the potential threat.

"Seriously?You won't be able to do a damn thing." Bekka snarled as she pushed me back andthe door opened. 

Another Chapter is up! Hope you all are enjoying the adventure as much as I am while writing it!

Sorry that this chapter is a bit smaller!

As Always: Vote, Comment, Follow!

<3 Cass