Chapter 12

This chapter is well yeah... um...

I crawled with my hands and feet bound over to Charlee who was unconscious in the same room as me. "Charlee, wake up." I whispered nudging her shoulder. There was a moment of silence then a disgruntled groan. Her eyes opened and she shot up alarmed seeing me.

"They got you too?" She asked looking around the room we were being held captive in.

"It was Finn... Or Cade, whatever you want to call him. He shot Kolby, he's dead isn't he?" I whispered replaying the capture in my head.

"No, he's not. You would feel it. The bond would disappear, you would know." She said trying to comfort me.

"What are we going to do?" I asked genuinely out of ideas and scared that this honestly may be it.

"When that door opens, we try to see what is beyond it. We look at everything, try to figure a way to get the cavalry clues. They will find us." She ordered. I nodded silently and did the same as her—looked around trying to find anything that could tell us where we were.

As the door swung open, Roy entered as did Cade. They didn't close the door and I saw the hallway which looked familiar I just didn't know how. "Wonderful, my beautiful granddaughters are awake. Shall we move to a better place to talk?" Roy questioned rhetorically as he and Cade released our feet from the bondage and pulled us up to walk.

We kept our heads still but our eyes stayed on a swivel. We looked for any sort of clues, any way of escape and for signs of friendlies near. But it was nothing. We were underground, the air was damp and something didn't feel right with each breath we took. Charlee coughed, spitting out a little blood and it finally made sense.

"It's a silver mine, isn't it?" I asked as the men exchanged sideways glances.

"Well, my, my. Aren't you a smart girl, how'd you know?" Roy asked.

"Charlee. The blood as she coughed. Something smells off, it burns as I take each breath." I explained as they had us enter a new room. This one was clean and didn't have a smell.

"It's ingenious really. We take the antigen orally every day to keep up a tolerance, but you two, you already have it in your systems. No torture for information necessary. You will tell us what we want to know and do what we want because you will die from the poisoning if you don't." Cade explained overly excited and giddy.

"So let us begin." Roy spoke pushing us both down into the waiting chairs. "Do you know about the prophecy?"

"It was foretold thousands of years ago after the fall of Michale that in a time of dire need and when a tyrant would try to rise to bring the end of the Lycan Race, a white wolf, the only of their kind would be borne. It would be of an ancient blood line and the wolf would be unique. A girl born in the linage of only men." Charlee spoke the words as I just became entranced with her and the way everything she said painted a picture.

"Right you are little clone. But what was lost in the prophecy long ago was that this girl could either end the tyranny or cause the world to truly end. The human race would seize to exist. She would bring on the new age where only the truly strong, those touched by the Gods would survive." Roy explained further and my face turned to one of pure terror.

"How is that supposed to happen though? The prophecy hasn't been seen in a thousand years. No one knows how the doomsday is supposed to happen." Charlee asked chuckling lightly.