Chapter 8

So, today is my birthday...

It's been crappy event after crappy event and so since the day isn't being good for me, I figured why not make it good for ya'll...

HUGE CHAPTER BEING POSTED...... NOW.....

"Thank God you're okay." Emilia cried as I limped my way back into Kolby's room. "What happened?"

"Well someone thought the best way to free me from captivity was to crash the car I was in. So I'm a bit sore." I scowled which made her pull me into a hug. I looked over her shoulder, my eyes focusing on Kolby. His face was perfect, a gently glow, the heavier stubble now and his eyes closed.

"He has no idea what happened. Doesn't even know you were taken." Colt chuckled looking at his brother knowing him not knowing was a godsend. "I am not leaving this room now. Neither is Emilia, after that stunt, and you're stupidity."

"He had a gun to his head." I growled moving around everyone to Kolby. I gently stroked his forehead brushing over the top of his head, leaning down and kissing between his eye brows.

"He would rather die than have you willingly go with Roy!" Colt shouted which I noticed Kolby flinch.

"It's okay, shh. I'm right here..." I cooed to him as I grabbed the chair pulling it close. I sat on the edge, leaning on my elbows. His eyes opened a sliver and he tried to smile but frowned seeing me and how rough I was from the accident.

"Roy..." He whispered, muffled by the oxygen mask.

"Hey, don't worry, I'm okay. Got a great cavalry here." I tried to make him smile but he continued to frown and his brow fell deeper and deeper into a furrow.

"Emilia and I aren't leaving the room for anything now. Roy would be stupid, to once again, try again." Colt explained but Kolby's eyes stayed connect to mine. I gently tugged the mask away, smiled and smashed my lips to his. I couldn't help the way his lips felt. The rough chapped skin clung to me, his hands pulled at the restraints trying to take hold of his mate.

In those moments of the world disappearing, everyone had left the room giving us privacy but staying in the hallway. I gently positioned the mask back into place over his nose and mouth causing an adorable pout.

"You need the oxygen." I whispered, taking his face in both of my hands softly running my thumbs over his jaw. He closed his eyes, growling quietly in pleasure to my touch. His head lolled into my hands as my fingertips easily slid into his hair and massaged. He moaned softly pulling at the restraints turning it into a growl.

"Unfortunately, I find your growling adorable. I also know you will be slightly annoyed when you're released since I willingly went with Roy." I explained causing an even harder tug at the leather keeping him tethered down. He continued to pull and writhe in the bed until he was almost in tears and screaming in only a flash of a second.

"Whoa, hey. Kolby look at me!" I yelled over his cries of anguish and pain. I stood, gracefully throwing my leg over his legs so I was on my knees straddling his lower stomach. His eyes connected with mine and everything stopped.

Colt stood by the door, as I sat on Kolby's hips. I ran my hands over his arms knowing he needed the skin to skin contact. I could see the toggle switch for the sedative and glanced to Colt who could tell what I was thinking. I kept Kolby's gaze as he sneakily came over and hit the toggle button a few times until the drugs overtook Kolby and his eyes closed.

I let my head drop and let the sob escape. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Exactly what you are. You're scent and touch will help him progress. He needs to know you don't need him to protect you. Then he can focus on himself. But it's also Kolby we are talking about. He's full of piss and vinegar; he will do whatever he wants to." Colt explained helping me down off the bed.