PNM[4]IT'S OK✔

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN A SCENE THAT MAY BE UNCOMFORTABLE TO YOUNGER READERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

SUMMER'S POV

I honestly feel much better. A giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I thought that Freddy would hate me forever, but I know he doesn't.

The rest of the day seemed to pretty much fly by. It's now last period.

As I walk towards social studies class, I hear running behind me. I turn around and see Tomika trying to catch up to me.

"Hey Tomika, what's up?" I ask stopping where I'm at.

"Oh nothing, it's just that I found out Zack may like me!" she exclaims running into my arms.

We both start jumping up and down while squealing and holding hands. Tomika has had a crush on Zack since middle school. I know Zack likes her, but I swore not to say anything.

"That's so exiting! I have been waiting for this since sixth grade," I tell her.

"I hope he asks me to the dance at the end of the year," she tells me.

Wait a minute.

"Tomika, the dance is a couple months away. One, why are you thinking of it this early? Two, isn't it girls ask boys?" I ask her.

"Oh my gosh. You're right! What am I gonna do?" she asks grabbing my shoulders.

"Tomika, relax. When we get closer to the date, I will help you ask him out it you haven't already," I tell her grabbing her shoulders.

"Really?" she asked.

I nod.

"Thanks, Summer," she says while hugging me.

I hug her back.

"Come on. Let's get to class," she says grabbing my arm and dragging me to the classroom.

As we go inside, I notice that Freddy isn't in his seat. Only Zack is there. Where's Freddy?

"Hey, girls!" Zack greets us as we take our seats.

"Hey, Zack. Um, where's Freddy?" I ask him nervously.

What if he's not here because of...the almost kiss? I mean. He leaned in... I did too, but he almost kissed me.

Did he want to kiss me though, or was he just in the heat of the moment? Of course, he was in the heat of the moment. Why would anyone want to kiss me on purpose?

I mean get your head together, Summer. No one likes you, and no one ever will. I just have to accept that because I'm not pretty and I never will be.

"Oh, he had to stay in reading because his grade is getting low," Zack answers.

"Oh, ok," I say.

"So, Tomika, how has your day been so far?" Zack asks her.

I smile when I see Tomika's cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"Oh, you know, the usual drama in math and boring in science," she answers, opening her book up.

"That's cool and hey..." Zack starts saying, but I trail off because I can't stop thinking about my encounter with Freddy on the roof.

He was so close to me, his body almost touching mine, and his warm, soft hand on my cheek. My cheek felt cold after he removed his hand. I couldn't stop looking at his eyes. They were looking at me intensely almost as if he was thinking what I was, that I didn't want the moment to end.