- 22 -

now streaming..
THROUGH THE NIGHT
IU

------------------

miju.

" oh my gosh, why am i so lazy to go to school today? " i shuttered, walking wobbly side to side in a lazy way.

chuckles was heard from behind, turning my heels around, facing over the shoulders seeing mark and his gang.

smiling with their presence but it suddenly fell when i was about to bid hello as i saw jeno was between them..

lee jeno
i like you

i shrugged, remembering back what happen yesterday. i was half asleep and half awake, muttering out nonsense, random things but what i said last night was a mistake.

gasping in terror and turned back forward, walking faster than earlier, pass the school gate as i ignored mark's calls.

entering the school building and running straight to the homeroom, not wanting to bump into him anytime today.

" phew, that was close " i murmured, leaning against the back door.

" what were you running from? " herin spoke, making me flinch startling so suddenly.

" sorry to shock you, i was just on my way to throw rubbish in the dustbin " she shrugged, chuckling as she throws the litter in the bin.

shooking my head " oh,nothing " i gestured as calm as possible, not wanting to be too obvious. she shrugged her shoulders and back to her sit.

i hope ignoring him today was a good thing.

***

KRING! KRING!

" oh it's recess, finally " i uttered, relief that it's already recess.

" did you sleep-in late last night? today lessons got you half asleep " somi shrugged, holding my shoulders, curious.

" oh nothing, i woke up at 8 yesterday so i didn't felt tired till midni- " i suddenly paused as jeno passed by smiling with his eye smile. i quickly turned away, ignoring him as he greeted hello.

taking somi's arm and ran off towards the cafeteria with doyun left behind. As i was about to push open the cafeteria doors, a grip was felt on my arm, pulling me away from the cafeterias door.

" miju-ah " he called, i gasped seeing the person in front of me.

jeno ..

lee jeno
i like you

closing my eyes as those unforgettable mement repeats in the head. It keeps repeating again every time seeing the boy that's in front of me right now.

i tried running away but he grips my shoulders, keeping me from running.

sighing as he lets go of the grip " miju, no more running away " he muttered, in a sad tone. " why are you avoiding me again? we've already forgive each other didm't we? " he added.

upon the sudden commotion, students began crowding around us seeing the scene.

a tear fell " i'm not avoiding you. i did forgive you " i shuttered, trying to hold the tears coming out. " it's just- " i paused.

" is it about yesterday? "

shooking " no, yesterday i was half asleep and speaking random things, that usually happens so don't misunderstand what i said yesterday " i shrugged.

" so you do remember " he squeak.

" you're right, i do like you "

opening my eyes startling, trying my hardest to cover the emotions from growing.

" what? "

" i like you. i like you, miju-ah " he confessed, the students around us gasped in terror as if they just saw a ghost, then chattering started especially between the girls.

With my mind gone blank, words not coming out from the lips and just standing there like a statue, it felt like the world around stopped in time.

" i'm sorry for being such a fool to you. it's okay if you don't accept me, i know you deserve a better man out there rather than a fool like me " he huffed, confessing out all his feelings.

oh no, he's hurt

" but i don't regret liking you .. even after all the harsh things i did to you. I'll make it up to you, if you ever accepted me " he shuttered, looking down at the floor.

" i.. i- " my sentence was cut by his words as he shrugged.

" it's okay, you don't have to say it if you don't want to hurt me or anything " he shrugged, a soft smile appeared before he walked away.

i griped onto his arm before he could even walked away " i like you " i confessed, tears finally bursting out. " i like you too so, dont- don't go " i added, muttering between my sobs.

he pulled me into an embrace, a warm one actually as i hugged him back. Never wanting anything more than this.

" i like you " i murmured, smiling as i tighten the grip. He began stroking my hair and all the students part ways back to their own business.

Some were annoyed, happy for us, blankly not feeling anything, some even cried too like watching one of those K-Drama but live in front of them yet some are confused to what just happened.

- : - : - : - : -

+this chap got me crying,
like watching a real drama
+thanks for the 2.6k!

lots of love,
renjun's wife
eun.