Siya Na Nga

*Edward's P.O.V*

Maymay's solo concert just ended an hour ago and we're currently having a small celebration at their condo unit. Her Mama Ludy, Mama Lorna, Kuya Vicent, and Ryo surprised her. She actually thought that they won't be able to attend the concert. Laura and mom actually had a hard time keeping the secret from Maymay. It's a long story why, but it was because of Maymay's unending prying questions.

I watched Maymay giving my mom hugs and kisses, while my sister is teasing Maymay that she's now Tita Lorna's daughter. I smiled to myself and reminisce all of our memories . . . our first meeting, our PBB journey, our first commercial and movie project, our first acting stint in a teleserye. . .It has been three years since my life changed. I never thought I'd be in this position. I never thought I'll be able to do those things. Nevertheless, I'm glad that I've experienced so many 'firsts' in this industry. . .especially with her.

"Edward?" Laura called bringing me back to my senses. I scanned the room and noticed that Maymay was not there.

"Hey Laura, where's May?" I asked.

"Not sure. She just went outside." She replied. I picked up the white rose I bought and immediately went to the rooftop.

"Haaaayy. Thank you Lord." She said as she spread her arms.

"May. Nandito ka lang pala." She jolted a bit and I can't help but to laugh. She's so cute.

"Ano yan?" She pointed at the rose I'm holding. "I mean para saan?" She added. I walked towards her and grabbed her hand.

"For you. You know that I'm so so proud of you, ya?" Then I placed both of my hands on her shoulders.

"And that I'm lucky that I have you in my life. . ." I added. I saw her stiffened a bit. ""What? Para ka naman nakakita ng multo?" I laughed at her expression, which is kind of true. The cold breeze ruffled her hair and I immediately brushed it away from her face gently. I can feel her shivering that's why I enveloped her in my arms. It's now or never, Edward John. All or nothing.

"I guess, I've been dying to tell you this. I've kept this for almost two years already. I was afraid that you might ignore me or things would change. Naalala ko yung pag-iwas mo noong nasa loob pa tayo ng bahay ni kuya. Ayoko na mangyari yun. May, ich liebe dich. . ." That's it. I said it already. No turning back, mister. I can feel her slowly letting go from my arms. She looked at me with those confused eyes.

"Huh?" She asked uncomprehendingly.

"Nakalimutan mo na German lesson? Tsk." I jokingly responded.

"Sabi ko I love you." I added. Seriously, I'm just containing myself not to laugh and kiss her. She's too adorable.

"Ano? Pati ba English nakalimutan mo? Gusto mo ba tagalog o bisaya?" I asked her. I thought of something crazy but I think it's kind of romantic as well. Bahala na, Edward John.

"MARYDALE ENTRATA MAHAL KITA" I shouted as I let go of her. She immediately covered my mouth shut with her hand.

"Nabuang na. Tumahimik ka nga." She whispered and gave me those deadly glares.

"What? Tinranslate ko lang." Naah. I knew it. She's thinking that this is only a prank.

"If you think this is a prank, no. It's not. . . Pusong bato ba yang puso mo? I guess you don't care for me talaga." I added.

"Hala. Uy. Hindi ah." She replied.

"Bakit di mo nararamdaman? Yung mga ginagawa ko para sa'yo. Di ko man masabi but I know, I'm sure you can feel it." I am 100% sure that she's having doubts. I'm fully aware that she has an idea about my feelings.

"Ayokong masaktan." I was about to say something when she cut me off.

"Ayokong. . .ayokong mawala yung pagkakaibigan natin. Kung anong mayroon tayo. Isa ka sa pinakamahalagang tao sa buhay ko. Ayokong dumating sa punto na masasaktan natin ang isa't isa. Tapos mawawala ka." I knew it. She's scared. She has still dilemma about falling in love. 

      On the other hand, I finally confirmed it. She's feeling the same way. I hugged her tightly, placing my lips on her forehead gently. Okay, I admit that I'm scared as well. I also have set of what-ifs on my mind. However, I'm more scared on what might happen if I did not confess tonight. I guess I'll just go with the flow, wherever destiny or the future takes us. All I know is. . .this girl I'm holding here in my arms. . .she's the one. I can finally say. . .

Siya Na Nga. . .

'*************'