Chapter 8

She took a deep breath, rang the doorbell and entered as soon as it opened.  A man with no expression on his face opened the door but her wrist was grabbed before she can take her second step inside.  She was being dragged away by the wrist which made her cry out in pain, hitting the person holding her.

Baekhyun whipped his head around and tore away his mask. 

"It's me.  We need to talk. Why the hell were you not answering my calls?  I tried calling your work supervisor but she said you've been calling in sick.   What the hell is going in?  I barely managed to get to your place when I saw you getting in that taxi to come here.  What's this place?  Who are you meeting here?" He started off calmly but started getting more agitated with worry and jealousy the more he talked.

Tears flowed freely from Yoo MI's eyes blinding her.  She missed him. And now he is here and everything is just so wrong.  Slowly she reached out and pulled back his mask in place and covered his head with his hood.

"I'm sorry ..." she began before once again dissolving in tears.  She bent her head in agony at the thought of leaving him and at what she was about to do.

"What the hell do you have to be sorry for?  YOO MI! Dammit talk to me!" Baekhyun started shouting at her but she only cried harder.  Unable to see the woman he loves crying in such heartbreaking way, he gathered her in his arms and hugged her as tightly as he could, rubbing her back soothingly, more worried than before.

"Let's go.  I had the Chanyeol pick me up at the airport.  He's waiting in the alley.  We need to leave before people recognize us." He kissed the top of her head and all but carried her to the car.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow in inquiry once the couple were safely tucked in the backseat.  Baekhyun just gave a frown and negative shake of his head.  Yoo Mi was bent over silently crying.  Chanyeol started the car and pulled out of the narrow street and started merging into the highway.

"Hate to ask, but where do you want me to go now?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun in a low tone.

"We need to talk privately and I really don't know a place here in Seoul that we can do that." Baekhyun sighed in frustration raking his hand in his disheveled hair.  He looked tired, his face bare and slightly swollen.  Make-up could not hide his lack of sleep in the last few days.

"If you don't mind traveling some distance, I will drive you somewhere I know.  I borrowed my friend's house up in the mountains intending to spend the weekend in there relaxing and composing songs.  It's pretty isolated though.  Doesn't have any WI-FI signals because of the trees and next door neighbor is about an hour away by car.  I'll give you the keys." He offered his friend a way.

"Thanks Bro.  I'll owe you one." Baekhyun nodded before he leaned back in his seat and tugged Yoo Mi back into his embrace.  He closed his eyes and was out like a light.  Yoo Mi had already fallen asleep as soon as Baek hugged her.  The couple were back in each other's arms where they belong.  Chanyeol shook his head at them before silently driving on.

"Yeoboseo?" Chanyeol had been driving close to two hours, they had now reached a remote country road with nothing visible around them but trees and other vegetation.

"Did Baek make it back safely?  He hasn't called and we are worried.  Chen and I tried covering his absence best we could but someone will question it soon enough." Xiumin was calling on the other line.

"Are you back in Seoul now?" Chanyeol replied quietly hoping not to wake up the tired couple.  He noticed Baekhyun stirring when his phone rang.

"Ani.  We just got back to the hotel after that last minute interview."