Chapter Seventeen *Edited

© Amber Kalkes 2014

*Song Of The Chapter: "Ivy And Gold" By Bombay Bicycle Club

Picture of Seth's Wolf-----}

Chapter Seventeen: Explaining Disapperances.

I watched from the porch swing as Seth stripped of his clothes. Call me a perv, or a slut, or whatever but when a good-looking guy strips in front of you with a mischievous smile on his face, can you really say no? If you saw Seth shirtless your answer would be a ‘take it off’.

He was now in my yard in only his boxers and I was trying not to drool all over my nice brown maxi dress with a braided halter top, the happy result of a recent trip to Tegan’s Tags in town. Seth, who insisted he go with me, was downright peeved with the spritely little blonde when she mentioned Ethan.

“Where’d that blonde boy you came here with go?” she whispered totally unaware of Seth’s crazy Lycan hearing.

I saw him tense out of the corner of my eye though he made a show of looking at some jewelry in a faraway display case. His hands were in his jean pockets but I could see the strain in his forearms telling me they were bunched into fists. The boy needed to calm down when we were in public.

“Who?” I asked dumbly then snapped my fingers. “Oh Ethan? He turned out to be…kind of a player. It was gross really. He skipped town a week or so ago last I heard.”

Tegan sighed sadly. “You guys were such a cute couple though.”

I didn’t miss the quiet growl coming from Seth. Down boy.

I shrugged. “I got Seth now. We were kind of seeing each other casually for a while when I met Ethan but now Seth’s moved in with me since he got a new job out here.”

“So your exclusive?” Tegan asked excitement brewing in her green eyes.

“Yup.” I grinned. “He’s a keeper too.”

Her eyes gazed over at Seth as she blatantly checked him out. Despite my security in our relationship I felt the distinct twist of jealousy. I fought the urge to pluck her eyes out, or any girl’s eyes, that looked at him. I internally scoffed at myself. Here I was chastising him for being all out of control and I mentally maiming people.

Wow.

“He looks like one.” Tegan sighed dreamily. “Hope he’s in for the long haul. You deserve something good in your life, Sylvie.”

I forced a grin on my face still overcoming my need to pluck out eyes. “Thanks Tegan. So what’s new in stock?”