Case File 62

**a/n**
Warning: mild swearing
To clarify: I don't own Fringe or any of it's characters. I don't own you. I only own the plot.
(Y/n): your name
(L/n): your last name
(H/c): hair color
(H/l): hair length
(E/c): eye color
(S/c) or (s/t): skin color or skin tone
Pov: point of view

I'm sure most of you knew that already, but I though I'd clarify. :)
Anyway if you have any questions or concerns then you can comment or message me or whatever. Ummm enjoy! :D
**end of a/n**

-Third person pov-
The rain pelted against the sidewalk, and (y/n) sure was glad she decided to bring her umbrella. The weather forecast didn't say anything about rain, but--hey--weirder things have happened. (Y/n) silently shook her head and let out a deep sigh. 'I have no idea why I can't figure out that stupid case. I've had ample time. It's been three weeks. Get it together.'
She stopped walking as she reached her workplace. She looked up. 'Ah, yes. The FBI has always been my home away from home. Maybe I'll finally get that stupid case.' Now, it's not like she was incapable of completing her job. (Y/n) used to be CSI until she was promoted and transferred two months ago. In those two months, she had completed 61 cases that her coworkers had been struggling with for weeks. She had become well respected around the office. (Y/n) frowned as she thought about her latest case. 'Case 62.' She had no idea how the man's face had suddenly decided to cover up the most vital holes on his damn face. Her frown deepened as she reached her lab. She slipped off her black coat and replaced it for the standard white one she wore around the lab. As her arms slipped in the coat she let her keys drop into the deep pocket on the righthand side of the coat.

"Morning, sunshine. What's with the long face?"

(Y/n) glanced at her coworker and childhood friend, Dan, as he snapped her back to reality. She quickly forced a smile, "It's nothing, really. Don't worry about it."

"Uh-huh, and I shit purple bunny rabbits. What's up? That case still givng you trouble?" Dan brushed by (y/n) as he reached for his white lab coat.

"Yep. I have no idea what's going on with that one," (y/n) rubbed her temple and groaned. She looked over to Dan and scoffed. "I can't hide anything from you."

"You never could. You were always a terrible liar," Dan wiggled his eyebrows as he smirked.

(Y/n) playfully smacked his arm and smirked. She walked over to the gray, rusting file cabinet and pulled open the third drawer. Her eyes skimmed for the file she was looking for until it landed on an old crinkling one. She wrinkled her nose and pulled it out. Dan gave her a look that said, Why the hell are you pulling out that piece of shit? She shook her head and opened her mouth to answer him but the door to the lab swung open. A tall woman stood in the door of the lab. She was breathing heavily as if she had been running. Her long blonde hair was soaked, giving away she had just been outside. She glanced at (y/n) but turned her attention to Dan.

"I don't mean to bother you, but are you working Case 62?" Her eyes were desperate yet calm as she gazed at Dan.

"As if," Dan smirked as he shoved his thumb in (y/n)'s direction. "Talk to her if you want to know about Case 62. It's her file, not mine."

(Y/n)'s face heated up as the woman's gaze landed on her.

"Hi, I'm Agent Dunham," she smiled warmly and held out her hand as she closed the distance between them.

"Um, h-hello?" (Y/n) cleared her throat as her voice cracked. She took Agent Dunham's hand as she replied. "Agent (l/n). But everyone calls me (y/n)."

Dunham smiled a little wider and chuckled. Suddenly, though, her face fell and she became serious. Her hand slipped to her side and her gaze locked onto (y/n)'s (e/c) eyes.

"We need to talk in private. Now."