The Fringe Division

**Broyles' POV**
I heard the phone ringing. I'm in the hall and begin to walk toward my office. My secretary stops in front of me.

"Um, excuse me sir," her eyes cast downward, "would you mind assisting me with these boxes of files. I'm sorry, they're just heavy and a few of them are classified."

"It's fine," I adjust the cuffs of my suit. "Just give me a moment, would you?"

She nods and steps toward the boxes. I take big strides trying to reach my phone in time. As I'm about to pick it up, the ringing stops. I curse under my breath and look at the caller ID.

~Unknown Caller~

I frown silently and pick up the phone. As I'm about to press redial my secretary taps my shoulder and awkwardly coughs.

"The boxes sir," she whispers.

I barely heard her but I nodded anyways, "Of course."

Setting down the phone I silently trailed after her. 'I hope that wasn't important. It couldn't have been, otherwise I would already have the number saved.' I attempted to reassure myself as I leaned down to grab a box.

"Where are the classified ones going? Nevermind, I'll handle them by myself. They're heavier anyway."

"Oh, um well I think he said to put them in the room down the hall."

"Alri-"

"He also wanted you to go through them."

"Oka-"

"And throw out outdated files," she nodded to herself as she adjusted her skirt.

I waited to see if she'd go on and grunted in approval, "is that all?"

"Uh, yeah I think so."

"Okay, then let's start moving them."

"Okay."

We each picked up a box and moved them to the assigned place--I of course went down the hall while she went down to the printing room. This continued on for a while until there was one box left. It wasn't classified.

"Can you handle the last one?" I watched as she walked over to it.

"Uh," she wiped her forehead and flashed me a smile, "of course."

She walked out, box in hand. I sighed and began walking down the hall to the room filled with classified files. 'I'd better go sort those boxes now.' There was a loud thud and I heard rustling of papers. I glanced over and saw that my secretary must have tripped over something nonexistent, like always. 'She has got to stop wearing six inch heels like it's her birthday. She going to break a--hold on...is that?' I silently turned a I felt my smile tug at the corners of my lips. (Y/N) was sitting on the floor gathering papers muttering apologies as her eyes met mine. She stopped moving.

"PB&J," she whispered quietly.

My smile grew wide at the nickname, "(Y/N) (L/N)."

My hand extended outward for her to grab. With her free hand she reached up and gripped my outstretched palm.

**Reader POV**
I grabbed onto Phillip and he helped me up. His smile was huge and he gingerly took the files out of my hand. I almost let him, until I remembered that the file had fallen out of my coat after the collision. I panicked and grabbed them back. Scanning through them, my pulse sped up once more. 'It isn't here. Where is-' My eyes landed on my file. A blonde woman with highlights in tall heels was stuffing it in a box while mumbling.

"U-um ma'am," her baby blue eyes looked up at me and her ruby red lips scowled, "could I-"

"I'm not an old woman. Don't call me ma'am."