Harder Than I Thought

**Reader POV**
My eyes opened to light pouring through my window. 'It's light early...weird.' I yawned as I sat up and roughly rubbed my eyes. My feet slipped out of bed and touched the cold wooden floor beneath me.

"Gross it's freezing," I frowned and stretched my arms.

I felt my stomach growl and reluctantly got out of my warm, cozy bed. When I reached the kitchen I popped a bagel in the toaster and got out some (F/F) cream cheese. I went to the bathroom as the bagel toasted and brushed my teeth. I was mid brush when I heard my phone's notification tone go off. I finished brushing my teeth and grabbed my phone as I walked past it. My bagels popped up and I took them out to let them cool down. I pressed my power button and my eyes widened in horror. 'I DIDN'T SET AN ALARM. NO WONDER I WASN'T GRUMPY. OH GOD THEY ARE PROBABLY ALREADY THERE....It's okay everyone has a bad day, they'll under--- d-did I forget to....MY BATTERY IS ALMOST DEAD.' I put my phone on the counter next to my bagel and ran into my room. My heart was in my throat as I changed into work attire. Most of my notifications had been from Dan and one from Olivia.

<Notifs>
New text message~~Danmy Boy: Morning 6:56
New text message~~Danny Boy: Sleep in I'm guessing? 7:12
New text message~~Danmy Boy: Are you okay?? If you don't answer then I'm calling!! 7:23
4 Missed Calls~~Danny Boy
New text message~~Agent Dunham: We're on our way. 8:01

'What time is it? What have I done? Oh no.' My panicked eyes looked up at the time '8:32. Well I'm already late, so I might as well answer. I think Dan might have a heart attack.' I clicked his speed dial and he immediately answered.

"What's wrong?" my ears filled with Dan's panicked voice.

"What? Nothing. I forgot to set an alarm," I had just finished spreading cream cheese on my bagel.

"Excuse me?" I heard voices in the background, "Hey be quiet! I can't hear her!"

I quietly swore, "Are they there? I figured they would be, but it still sucks."

"Yes they're here," Dan replied bitterly.

"Well tell them I'm on my way," my coat was already on and I slipped my ID and phone charger in the pocket. "You also don't have to worry so much Parsons. I can take care of myself."

There was a mumble on his end and then he spoke up, "I know, but I still choose to worry."

"Uh huh, welf ooh done aff to," I spoke with a mouth full of bagel. I silently swallowed and cleared my throat, "I'll be there in five. Bye Danny."

"Bye (N/N)."

I hung up the phone and rushed outside with bagel in mouth, phone in hand, and keys in the other hand. I locked my apartment behind me and ran to my car. I slid into the drivers side and practically sped the whole way there. 'Two minutes...that's a new record.' I parked in my spot and quickly stepped out of my vehicle. I locked my car as I began sprinting to the elevator. My hand smashed the button multiple times before the doors slowly opened. Once again, my hand repeatedly hit the button to my floor before the doors groaned shut. The elevator ride felt like it took eternity and as soon as the doors opened, I was practically flying to the lab. I abruptly stopped and got out my keys. Sudden shouting made me jump and drop my keys. I registered that it was coming from inside and swiftly picked up my keys and opened the door. The sight I was met with left me speechless. Peter and Dan were yelling at each other. Dan ran his fingers through his thick chocolate hair before saying something in a low tone I couldn't quite hear.

"What the hell is going on?" my voice caught everyone's attention and they turned to me.

"(Y/N)," the relief in Olivia's voice was immense, "you're here."