Breaking the News

**Reader POV**
After briefly speaking with the members of the Fringe Division I said my goodbyes. Astrid waved before assisting Walter with a Bunsen burner, Olivia said bye and gave me her number, and Peter periodically glanced over at me as I walked to the door. The door made a soft thunk behind me and I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. My hand ran through my (H/L) hair as I reviewed the plan in my head.

:FLASHBACK:
Olivia walked over to Walter, "So what do you have for me?"

Walter glanced in my direction, "I thought it was her case?"

"It is," Peter nudged him, "but that isn't what she was asking Walter. Olivia was kinda referring to what the results say. Thoughts?"

Walter stared blankly at him and then gasped, "Ohhhhh. I see. I was confused Peter."

"Walter," Olivia tapped her finger on the table.

"Oh, yes of course," Walter smiled. "The results were very helpful, but of course I would like to examine the body before jumping to conclusions."

A deep sigh came from Peter, "Walter I told you I'd take you tomorrow."

"Well yes of course but-"

"Walter," Peter cut him off.

"Umm if you're done with that," I stepped towards them and motioned my hand at the folder, "I'd like to take it. I want to look at it. They were originally my results."

"Yeah, you can have them," Olivia shut the folder and slid it over to me.

"Olivia," Walter looked at her, "would you mind giving that back now?"

"Walter," Peter shook his head, "you just had it."

"Thanks," I picked up the folder and ignored the arguing men.

"No problem (Y/N)," Olivia slightly nodded.

I cleared my throat, "So..."

They all looked at me and there was a moment of silence.

"I don't want to be that person," I continued, "but how is this exactly going to work? Am I coming here to work on the case, am I in charge of the case, are-"

"Woah," Peter held up his hand to stop me, "hold on. This was your case, so I think we can chill in your lab until it's solved. Also, yeah you'll be in charge."

"Peter," Olivia scolded, "you can't-"

"Too late," he gave her a smirk.

"Oh, okay. Coolio," I rocked on my heels and swung my hands back and forth making random noises. "Not to be rude, but can I go now? I'd like to close up my lab and get home. It's getting kinda late ya know..."

"Hmm?" Peter absent mindedly replied as he roled up the sleeves of his dress shirt.

Olivia shook her head and scribbled something on a sticky note, "Here, this is my number. I'll call you when we start heading your way tomorrow. I'd guess a little before nine o'clock though."

I nodded and took the yellow square from her. Astrid looked up and opened her mouth as Walter stood up. Walter quickly walked to a Bunsen burner and motioned her over. Astrid just shrugged and waved before turning her attention to the old man. I caught Peter looking at me and slowly walked to the door.

"Okay, well I'll see you guys tomorrow then," I shut the door behind me and let out a deep sigh.
:END FLASHBACK:

' And that brings me to now. I guess I should call Dan when I get home. He'll definitely want to know that a horde of people will be cramming into our humble lab. Tch, for some reason I don't think he'll be too happy about it.' Thoughts swarmed in my brain as I walked down the hall. Walking up the steps I remembered that Broyles had driven me and taken my file. 'Damn it. What am I gonna do now? Well for starters, get a ride to the office. First thing tomorrow go to Phillip's. But who am I gonna call? Dan is still at his niece's birthday party...I don't really want to ask Sophie either.' I sighed and racked my brain. My tongue clicked as I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Peter walking toward me.