Fear (DMxDK)

The singer of the rock-rap band tried to be this badass gangster in his group of friends, but just ended up being the cutest little being in the world. Eventually, he just gave up on trying and accepted he was pretty darn cute. But he did try to hide a few things that made him seem soft, like his small polar bear plush toy which was kept hidden under his pillow, or his small nightmares that made him wake up and cry. He always tried to keep his cries down, to make sure the others didn't wake up because of him. But this night was different. His nightmares had gotten too bad.

Tears ran down his face. Sweat went down his bare chest as he started to shake. Danny choked out sobs, burying his face in his pillow to hide his cries. Even though he wanted - and needed - comfort right now, he refused to get up and ask for anything and he refused to wake anyone up.

There was a soft knock on the side of his bunk, and then his curtain was pulled back, showing a shirtless drummer. His eyes full of concern as he looked down at Danny, who currently had tears rushing down his cheeks.

"Danny, what's wrong?" Matthew waved Danny out of the bunk, frowning deeply. Danny hiccuped, following Matthew out of his bunk and into the front lounge.

"What's wrong?" The drummer asked softly and pulled Danny close to him. Danny blushed softly, sniffling and wiping his tears.

"Just my nightmares are getting really bad and I don't know how to stop them." Danny muttered, pressing his head against Matthew's shoulder. The other man sat down on the couch and pulled Danny down onto his lap.

"Why didn't you tell us? How long have they been going on?" Matthew asked, his voice stern and full of care, like how a parent would scold a child in a loving way.

"A few weeks. I was scared to tell you guys. I was afraid that you would make fun of me." Danny sniffled, letting a few more tears go down his face, only to have them wiped away.

"We wouldn't. And if they did, I would personally punch them in the jaw." Danny chuckled softly at that, looking up at Matthew with a sad smile. The drummer smoothed back Danny's hair that had previously been matted down with sweat, and pressed a kiss onto the smaller man's forehead.

"I'll get you a bottle of water and then we'll sleep in the back lounge together. They'll be enough room for both of us." Danny nodded, letting out a soft sigh when Matthew pulled away from him and went to the fridge to get Danny a bottle of water. The drummer handed the bottle to the singer, letting him take a few gulps before they went to the back lounge. Matthew grabbed the blanket off his bunk and laid down on the sofa, waving Danny over with a wink. The smaller male rolled his eyes, laughing softly as he laid down beside Matthew, resting his head on the other man's chest. Matthew drew invisible shapes on Danny's back gently, humming quietly to help him sleep. The shorter male soon drifted asleep, his head on Matthew's chest with the drummers arm around Danny's hips while he traced shapes on the man's back. Soon, the curly haired drummer fell asleep as well, holding Danny protectively close.

Danny didn't have any nightmares that night and it was the best sleep he had ever gotten. He and Matthew didn't stop sleeping like that for the rest of tour, and Danny was so thankful he had a friend like Matthew for midnight cuddles.