0.1

Present

Rain in Los Santos was becoming the new normal thing this week. Rain drops fell harshly to the world, knocking leaves off their resting spots and allowing the wind to sweep them away. People walked quickly, heels clicking along the sidewalk, children jumping in puddles, taxis being hailed and people rushing to find cover.

Lola scanned the area near her, eyes hidden beneath her hair falling over her eyes. A shrill sound echoed through her left ear, eyes widening and head jerking sideways as she jumped. Mel swore through the ear piece. "Shit sorry Liana." Lola shook her head, hiding her mouth as she brought her coffee mug up to her lips.

"What are you doing there Eber?" 

"Got too close to the equipment. Tripped a bit. See anything?" Taking a sip of her coffee she scanned once more, making her eyes drift seem innocent. "Nothing yet." Her lips hardly moved.

She caught eyes with the guy behind the counter, cool green eyes lighting up as she smiled at him, waving her hand softly. He waved back and she laughed quietly as the old lady ordering began shouting at him, wagging an old finger in his face.

She looked at her phone, grabbing at it as if she was answering a call. "So far the cafe is half full. No sightings nearby." She smiled as an older couple walked in, nodding as they smiled at her.

"Hold on," She squinted, a gray Cadillac pulling up to the curb across from the shop. A man dressed in a suit stepped out, waving off the driver. In his left hand he held a brief case. "Confirmed sighting."

"You know what to do Liana." She hung up, slipping her phone into her pocket. 

Heading out the door she watched the man pause, waiting for the cross walk to allow him and the other people near him to go. Checking both ways she jogged across the street, catching up with the group, making eye contact with the man and smiling. He sent her a small smile and nod, and the sounds of the rain and busy streets lapped over everything.

As they stood Lola watched him out of the corner of her eyes, he was nervous. Eyes sizing everyone up, shifting the case from hand to hand. Finally the red hand turned into the little man and they all crossed. She put her headbuds in, nodding her head to a made up song as she continued to trail the man as the people around them went their own ways.

He turned right, crossing a few ally ways as he went on his way. Lola smirked to herself. Men are idiots.

Eve came out of the ally way, Lola heading down where she emerged from. Trailing him Eve slipped a piece of gum in her mouth, chewing loudly as she added more sway to her walk. He had stopped to check himself in a mirror and she passed him, sending him a smirk over her shoulder, watching as he paused, eyes widening half a fraction,  face turning pink before he turned away. 

She turned down an empty alley, activating the electromagnetic pin, knocking out any camera, cell phone or audio surveillance within seventy yards of her. She began counting.

One...

Two...

Three...He walked passed the alley and she struck. Hand wrapping around his bicep she held a gun to his ribs. "Evening Gregory." She smirked, "Now if you value your life you'll walk with me without struggling or showing any signs of trouble. See we've been tailing you for a while now, and we've learned a lot about you. Family man, good values and virtues. Just happened to stumble in something bad at a bad time. So I'll add to my threat. You struggle, show any signs of what's happening, and everyone who you so much as looked at today will meet the same fate as you. Course you'll be last to go, saw you smile at a lovely mom today too. Two adorable kids and another on the way."