0.8

Rain drops were heavy. The storm clouds were dark, blocking out any possible chance for sun to peek through. The trees seemed to kneel and fall under the force of the wind, grass being beaten back into the dirt. Umbrellas were pulled and pushed from the hands of people, desperately trying to shield themselves from the storm. The natural chaos seemed to amplify, the tarp hanging over head roared. People began leaving, coats tugged over heads, families huddled together to escape the storm, a few lingering. A pair of green eyes, dull and unfocused, stared forward, gazed down to the drenched casket.

Car engines could hardly be heard over the roar of the approaching storm, trees swaying harshly, leaves flying. One by one, people left, until one remained, dull green eyes unmoving, unblinking, focused dully on the casket. Taking this as a cue, Belle walked forward, Josh at her side as they made their way closer.

"Hello Mr. Turner." Slowly, the man's gaze lifted, eyes darkening some as he caught sight of the two gang members.

"What do you two want? To come finish the job?" His voice was thick, throat raw from crying.

Unmoving Belle raised an eyebrow, "I was unaware you knew of your husband's job,"

"He was never a secretive man...Greg always told me what he got into, one of his problems was how awful of a liar he was." The man chuckled darkly, "But he promised me this would be the last job he did. Said it was worth ten million. That when our daughter arrived from the orphanage we were gonna move. She'd grow up spoiled and loved and cherished and safe. God we were gonna get her into any college she would have wanted," His voice held the pain of those loss dreams, emotion bleeding out quickly, "He was right about one thing. It was his last job..."

Belle said nothing, eyes moving from the man to the casket. "I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Turner."

"Sorry?! Your people are the ones who put the damn bullet in him."

"He shouldn't have attempted to kill my leader. It was self defense. Besides, if you thought you all were going to get the ten million and walk away alive you were as dumb as it gets. Those men are now dead and you and your daughter are alive because of us."

"But my husband's dead because of you." He shot back, and she felt the annoyance in her grow.

"I am not here to have this discussion. I want to know where your husband got the weapons he was going to turn over."

"Why should I help you, bitch?" Turning, Mr. Turner barely had time to breath before Josh grabbed him by the arms, yanking him off his seat and slamming him against the weeping willow near by.

"Mr. Turner, I am not someone you want to piss off. I am not someone you want as your enemy." Belle adjusted the mask on her face, continuing, "I've killed more men than you can count to. In more ways you can even conjure in your worst nightmares."

She stepped closer, motioning for Josh to loosen his hold, "Where did your husband get those weapons?"

He coughed, breathing heavily. "And I told you - I'm not going to tell you, you psychotic bitch."

With a swift movement her knuckles connected with his nose, a crack barely breaking the sound of the storm as blood began to pour down his face, mixing with rain droplets. "Where did the weapons come from Charles?!"

He spat the blood onto her face. Another punch flew, this time connecting with his lower jaw, and he cried out, Josh letting his body fall to the mud. She squated down by him, "I can promise you I carry no gun, no knife, no poison. Josh has his gun but see, I won't let him shoot you. Too noisy. But he isn't the one you should be afraid of. Look around you, I could kill you with anything you lay eyes on. I've killed people before, using a fucking shoe Charles."

Josh had to hold in a chuckle when Brock's voice crackled through their ear pieces, "With a shoe?" 

"So I suggest you do a favor to your daughter and tell me what you know about the weapons Charles. Unless you want her to go back to the orphanage? Imagine that sinking feeling in her heart. She's been there since she was born, been with a few families already. Imagine going back for a fifth time. I can assure you, that feeling? Well," Belle snorted, "She'd be joining you in heaven real soon."

"Okay okay!" He held his hands up, wiping blood away. "I don't know who he got them from exactly, I swear! All I remember is a number that he called, every night at the same time. Said he was negotiating a package being delivered to him. They stopped contacting when he received the weapons!" 

"Do you know the number?" 

He nodded frantically, shutting his eyes to remember. "U-Uh, e-eight hundred, five three six, um, s-seven two seven three." Belle nodded, standing up and dusting her pants off.

"Thank you Charles. And for the record," He stood up and she pushed him against the tree once more, getting closer to his face, "If I catch word you lied to us, that you betrayed us, told anyone what happened here. I will be the last thing you ever see. Don't think your ten year old wants to find you in a pool of your own blood."

She let his body fall, ignoring the scent of urine secretion from him, walking back to their car and motioning for Josh to follow. Bryce's voice came through their ear pieces, "Did you really kill people with a shoe before?"

"Yup. Several times actually." The two got into the car, Josh smirking at the fear and amazement laced in Bryce's voice.

"Was it...was it a high heel at least?"

"Nope."