6. The First Kiss

(This chapter might be short, I wrote it super early in the morning, before school. Well, most of it. So sory in advance! xx)

(Diana's POV)

Of course, I thought to myself, of course they would lock me in here. Well not lock me, but bring me here, and tell me if I came out then they would cancel the whole party. We only had about an hour left, but we had everything ready. The food, lights, music. Everything.

"Diannnaaaaa!"

Great, who was calling me now? It sounded a hell of a lot like Perrie...

I walked to the door, about to open it, when I heard somebody say something from down the hall. I listened closer to the whispering voices. "No! He needs to wear the blue one, not black. Her favorite color is blue!" It was Georgia. Definitely. Who were they even talking to?

I opened the door, only to find Niall sitting outside of it. I gasped, looking him up and down. He had a white shirt on, with a blue button up, that was undone. And he had his hair up in a quiff, and it looked even blonder than before with some brown highlights here and there. Plus his shoes and pants. He was wearing casual blue jeans, not to skinny, but they were skinny jeans. 

"So what do you think?", someone said, I looked around before realizing it was Niall asking me.

I smiled up at him, "It looks-It looks good" Looking at his face, I noticed his glasses were gone too. "Niall, where are your glasses at?" I had to ask, slightly dissappointed, but kinda glad. Don't get me wrong, he looks fine with them, but without them, he looks even better. 

"Oh, I umm-uhh, figured I should lose them for a while", he sounded unsure of what he should say. I could tell he was nervous, he was tapping his foot against the hardwood floor, and he  was sweating. Just a little, but he was, and you could tell. 

"Oh", I said, with a smile hoping to calm him a bit. "Do you wanna come follow me real quick?"

He quickly nodded. I had to show him the bathroom, so he could wash his face off. He had some weird jelly looking stuff on the corner of his mouth. I had to stop myself from letting out a giggle as we turned the corner, and he tripped over his own foot. I asked if he was alright, but when I turned around to look at him, his face was flushed a bright red. 

When we got to the bathroom, I instructed him to sit on the counter. He did so, and I swear out of the corner of my eye, I could see him smiling at me. "Nialler" I loved when he blushed at my nick name. I hopped on the counter, and scooted closer to him, taking his chin under my hand, and pulling my hand upwards so that he was looking straight at me. "You have some uhh, Jelly on your face." I grabbed a washcloth from behind me, and started wiping his face.

(Niall's POV)

I sat on the counter as I was told, and she hopped up, right next to me. Oh gosh, is she going to push me off as a joke? Is she going to kiss me, then ditch me? Was this all part of a prank?  No. This is Diana. The girl I've liked since the 7th grade. She wouldn't do that to me. Right? I told myself no, as she started scooting closer to me. I could hear her heart beating. I could smell her sweet perfume. When she took her hand, and tucked it under my chin, and pulled my face around and up to meet hers, I thought for sure she would kiss me. Instead she wet a towel, and started wiping my face. 

"You have some uhh, Jelly on you face", she told me. 

Oh great. "Yeah, when I was walking through the living room, I found some donuts. I couldn't help it." I knew I was blushing as I said this. Niall, you're stupid. Don't tell her you shoved a donut in your mouth. What is wrong with you? Doesn't matter though, since she would never like someone like you. My subconcisious reminds me. I try to block it out, by focusing my attention on Diana, as she holds my face, and wipes my cheek. She looks at me, after what I had explained to her, and threw her head back in laughter. It was a sweet laugh though. Not to loud, and kind of cute in a way. I laughed right along with her. My laugh not being obviously as cute.

When she looked at me, her hands still on my face, and our legs so close, they were touching, she leaned forward, and pecked me on the lips. At first, I was confused, weirded out even, I'd never kissed a girl before. I mean, i have, but not a when it was a little peck, while we were sitting on a bathroom counter. And it sure as hell wasn't with someone like Diana. But after the kiss, I looked at her, and she was blushing, and looking down at her shoes. She looked back up at me, and when our eyes met, she jumped off the counter. Oh no. I did soemthing wrong. Was something still on my face? She just turned and walked out, and I saw her race down the stairs. 

What was that all about, I thought, I can't be that bad at kissing.