19. Auditions

I pulled into the parking lot, and tried to find a spot through all the crowds of people. Once parked, I opened my glove compartment, to hide my wallet, when a picture fell out. It was of Diana and I. Our first date. We were both so nervous and happy. 

Pull yourself together, Niall. I thought to myself. It's only been two hours, and I already miss her like crazy. She must have slipped in there before breakfast that morning.

I folded up the picture, and slipped it into my pocket, and went to go get in line. I was probably about the fiftieth person in line, and there were still were people coming.

I heard yelling and fighting behind me, probably about 5 people away. I tried to ignore it, but it was practicaly impossible. I turned around, and saw Harry. What in the hell was Harry doing here? He was punching some guy in the face. I couldn't get a good look. I figured I'd better pull him off though. If he wants an audition, he can't get kicked out. I asked the girl in front of me to save my spot, and she happily agreed.

"Harry! Stop!" I yelled, jogging towards him.

"Niall? What are you doing here?" He asked, looking up for a split second. 

"I'm auditioning. Why are you-" 

Blake. That's who Harry was fighting. I pulled Harry off of him, and watched as he wiped the blood from his mouth. I waited until he looked up at me. "Oh. Look who it is. Big boy Niall. So you think just because you fought me off once, you could do it again? I don't think so, buddy." Blake chuckled.

Do it, Niall. Punch him straight in the mouth. This is the guy that tried to kiss Diana, and threw her on the groud. Just do it. I thought. I raised my fist, as I was aboutto punch, and Harry grabbed my arm, and put it down. "Niall, it's not worth it. Don't waste your time. He's a douche. Let's go." We turned, to walk back to my spot in line when Blake opened his mouth up again.

"Well Niall, better listen to you daddy. Wouldn't want you to get hurt. Like Diana did." He laughed.

That did it. Something inside me switched on, when he said her name. "Harry, I need to do something. I'm not going to let him talk to me like that." 

"Niall, what would Diana want you to do? Would she want you to get in a fight with someone, or go audition?" Harry asked me, seriously.

I sighed, and we started walking again. I heard Blake laughing behind us. 

Once we were back at my spot in line, I looked at Harry. "Harry, why were you fighting with him?"

He laughed. "He threatened you. And he through Diana on the ground. Of course I was going to do something when I saw him." I stiffened up when he said something about defending Diana. "Don't worry, mate. It's not like that. Diana is like a sister to me. Always has been, since as long as we can both remember."

I smiled, and calmed down, remembering Diana talking about her childhood with Georgia and Harry being best friends. "Thanks, man. I mean for doing that for me. And Diana I guess." 

We both laughed, and talked, until we were almost to the front of the line. 

"Hey, Niall, where is Diana, is she gonna come later?"

I looked at the ground, and stared at my shoes. "Uhm. Not exactly."

Harry stopped smiling, and looked at me. "What do you mean, Niall?"

"Diana and I were in a fire. Diana is in the hospital, and she can't get out of bed. She got stuck in the smoke, and it filled her lungs. She can barely move or talk, Harry." I knew I was getting emotional when my eyes started to sting, and Harry gave me a small hug.