Chapter 13- Planning the Prank

I skipped up to the Gryffindor common room at stopped at the portrait of the fat lady. I then realized I didn't know the password to get in. So I did the first thing I could think of, knock. I rapped my knuckles against the portrait.

"Ouch!" Yelled the fat lady. "What on earth are you doing?!"

Sydney and Sadie were laughing like crazy behind me. When did they get there?

"Sorry," I muttered then smirked.

She glared at me and I just rolled my eyes, and going though a quick glaring contest with the portrait.

"Password?" she asked, giving up.

I stand there flabbergasted. I raked my memory for the password Nick had told me, but I only remembered faintly.

"Cupit Darconus?" I tried.

"That's not how you pronounce it," she stated as if, everyone should know it.

"I was supposed to know that how?" I sneered.

"Well if you want to get in here, you should know the password."

Suddenly I realized that the portrait probably thought a bunch of clueless first year Gryffindors, had forgotten the password into the common room.

"I'm Slytherin," I say, now proudly, puffing out my chest to show my insignia.

"THERE'S A SLYTHERIN TRYING TO GET INTO THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM!!!!" Screeched the Fat Lady, causing me to cover my ears.

"Caput Draconis."

I turned around to the one and only Fred Weasley. I sighed in relief as the portrait swung open.

"Fred!" I said happily.

"I'm George."

"Yeah, no. I know the difference between the two of you."

"What? How?"

I walk up to him and stand on my tip toes to whisper in his ear. "I'm not telling."

I stepped back to watch the dumbfounded look come over Fred's face, and I laughed.

"Come in," he says, shaking his head, and smiling slightly.

"You're letting a Slytherin in?" Asked the Fat Lady, obviously not happy.

"Yup," says Fred and closes the door behind the four of us.

"Lily!" I hear Harry yell and I run up and hug him.

"Hey Harr Bear," I say smirking.

"I thought we agreed you wouldn't call me that," he said in embarrassment as Sydney, Sadie, Fred and George lauged hysterically.

"I never agreed."

"Yeah you did!"

"Nuh-uh," I said and walked away.

I went and sat on the couch in front of the fire. I looked to Harry and patted the spot beside me. Our friends started up a conversation nearby, as I told Harry everything Snape told me, and he listened intently.

"You think you can get him to... not hate me?" Harry asked quietly, as not to disturb our friends conversation.

"I can try," I tell him. "But to be completely honest, it's really, really weird seeing Snape nice and having him be nice. I had to run out of there and then my stupid owl," I jerk my thumb towards Stripes, who was sitting on the back of Sydney's chair. "Stayed behind and I had to go back."

"Okay don't make him like me," Harry said, a grin spreading over his face.

"Good idea. Next time I go I'm shifting all my features to look more like Dad's," I smirked at the thought.

Harry laughed. "I've got to admit that's brilliant."

"I have to get back to my common room," I said sadly. "Talk later?" I tapped my head and Harry knew instantly what I meant.

"For sure."

I stood, and it caught the attention of the two other Slytherins, who took it as their cue to leave.

"Okay!" I hugged Harry. "We have to meet in our common room next time."

"Do you think the Slytherins would like that?" George questioned.

"Uh... No. But it's not like they'd mess with me. Oh yeah and I almost forgot, I don't care what they think," I said with a smirk playing in my lips.

"Okay fine." Harry said, with a small edge of nervousness in his voice.

"Bye Harry!" Sydney laughed, ruffling his hair.

"See you Harry," I smiled.

"Bye Lil."

Sadie, Sydney and I turned to leave, but just as we were about to exit the portrait hole, we heard two certain redheaded twins calling us.

"Hey! Lily! Sydney!" We turned around to see George waving us over and Fred sitting beside him. I walked over alongside Sydney, to see what was up.

"What about me?" Sadie asked with a pout.

"No," said the twins. Sadie huffed.

I looked between Sadie and the twins and started to laugh. I managed to stop laughing and drag myself over to the redheaded twins.

"What's up guys?" I asked quietly.

"We want your help on a prank we're working on," They say together. "We've heard about some of your little stunts."

"Yeah Sadie is not a prankster," muttered Sydney.

"What is it?" I asked excitedly, smiling at Sydney's comment.

The twins tell us all about their prank and I grin. It's genius. I just add a bit of input to which we all high five to.

"Of course we'll help you with that. It's awesome!"

"Thanks Lily, Sydney. Meet us in the entrance hall Sunday before breakfast bright and early."

"Alright. Gotta get back to my common room though. Cya guys!" I say hugging Fred and high-fiving George.

Sydney, Sadie and I left the Gryffindor common room and I remembered something. Tomorrow's Halloween! We arrived at the Stone wall that's really the door to the Slytherin common room.

"Salazar," I said and the wall moved to the side revealing the common room. I noticed Draco Malfoy sitting on the big couch in front of the fire. I walked over and plop down beside him. I watched Sadie and Sydney go up the stairs to the dormitory.

"Hey Drake," I say.

"Hey Mel," he says.

Draco and I became really good friends a few days after arriving, when I'd become determined to see what was up with the blonde boy.

I watched him closely for a while, before learning all about his façade, tough and mean around everyone, and a nice guy around friends, or alone.

I'd confronted him about it and we became really close right then and there.

"Where were you?" Draco asked.

"Visiting my brother," I said simply. Drake pretended to hate Harry to keep his reputation up. I have to admit it was smart, and he was a really good actor. I just didn't like I couldn't hang out with both at the same time.

"Right," He said, and slightly guilty look coming over his face. He quickly recovered and smirked. "You want to go roam around the castle?"

"Of course I do," I laughed.

We both stood, and walked out the stone doorway into the silent halls of the castle.