Chapter 19- The Potions Accident

"So you both made the Quidditch teams? In first year? Incredible!" Fred exclaimed. "We are so going to win this year! Isn't that right Harry?"

Harry nodded, not bothering to argue, even though I knew he was thinking there was no way his being added to the team could guarantee victory. Fred and George grinned, each of them wrapping an arm around Harry's shoulders. My mind wandered to our go at the snitch and I smirked.

"Fred," said George. "She's smirking. It is never ever good when she's smirking."

"She's always smirking!"

"Not like this!"

"What does that even mean?"

George only pointed to where I'd contorted my face into an innocent smile. George wasn't having it. He scowled and narrowed his eyes in my direction. "What is it?"

"Nothing," I waved it off.

"Now I'm intrigued... and worried," George muttered. "What is it?"

"Drop it, Weasley."

"I will not."

I shrugged. "Fine. I beat Harry to the snitch."

George looked taken aback. His eyes narrowed at me once again. I threw my arms up in the air in exasperation. "You asked, I told. There's no winning with you, is there?"

"Do the Slytherins have a good chance?" George questioned.

"Oh yeah, baby."

"We going to have to tell Oliver we need to train hard," Fred sighed. "Otherwise this will be how many years in a row that Slytherin has won."

"Oh he knows," I smirked. "Both our teams have a practice each day. Wood didn't want to miss any classes because of his O.W.L.S. though so he scheduled all your practices before classes. Ours are all during third class."

"But classes start at eight!" George exclaimed, "Practice is an hour long, so it'll start at seven! You're not telling me we have to wake up at six!"

"I am," I grinned.

I walked alongside them down the corridor towards the great hall. I saw Marcus walking by and instantly I thought of something that would annoy Harry, Fred, and George and I took the chance without a second thought. Just while we were on the subject of Quidditch anyway.

"Hey Marcus!" I called.

"Yeah Seeker?" He called back. I'd adopted the nickname 'Seeker' from the whole team, because, well, I was the seeker. Also I was one of the two youngest seekers in a century at Hogwarts. Technically, as I'd told Harry, I was actually the youngest. There weren't often times I could use my being younger to my advantage, so I took it without hesitation.

"We have practice during third class tomorrow right?" I asked, knowing the answer already, but just wanting the Gryffindors to hear it again.

"Yup, third and sixth," he said making his way to where I stood so he wouldn't have to yell across the Entrance Hall. I didn't miss the look he shot around me at the Gryffindors.

"Sixth? Since when?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

"Since we got a new seeker that needs training," Marcus smirked. "I don't have owls to prepare for like a certain other captain does."