Chapter 17- Flying Lessons

"Watch it," I muttered.

The first year Gryffindor, who's name was unknown to me, paid only a glance as she bumped into me. Without so much as that, she continued rushing forward to meet up with a friend of hers. I rolled my eyes.

"I've lost my train of thought now."

I was talking to Nott. We had become friends, but the journey there wasn't very pretty. After our fight in the Entrance Hall upon our arrival at Hogwarts, we'd loathed each other. There had been over four fist fights since, and one day in McGonagall had had enough.

Nott and I had been sitting across the room from each other, both having finished before much of the class in turning our matches to needles. Considering himself an expert, Nott had turned my quill into a needle while I was taking notes. I did the same to him, and so he used his "expertise" in charms to launch the thing into my hand. I did the same to him again, aiming for his arm instead. After class, we immediately began to verbally abuse each other, before one of us threw the first punch. McGongall had noticed this occurring right outside her classroom, and was all but pleased.

Dumbledore was a loony wizard, in my own opinion. We'd arrived in his office after being kicked out of Transfiguration. McGonagall had stalked out without a word, practically fuming from the ears. Nott and I had been left alone in Dumbledore's office for a while before he entered. We made no move to say anything to each other. When Dumbledore entered, he claimed we must be hungry (even though we'd had lunch not an hour ago). He'd had a house elf bring us a tray of cookies and a couple glasses of chocolate milk. Then, he insisted we stay there and chat over our snack until we agreed not to fight in the school. He left the room.

In the end, Nott and I had actually began to bond. Though it was nothing heartfelt, like either one of us had suddenly burst out in apologies. I'd smirked and commented that if we continued hating each other we'd get to miss even more classes and eat even more cookies. We'd gone through with the plan, and missed all of Herbology before Dumbledore had caught us laughing at the story of the Hufflepuff who had sprained their ankle tripping over a kitten in the corridor a few days ago. Since then, we'd both apologized to one another, and were now on a first name basis.

"Which house do you hate most?" He asked with a smirk.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" I screamed earning several odd looks, all of which I ignored.

Theo laughed. We were quizzing each other back and forth, just to get to know each other better. It was Madame Pomfrey's idea that we stuck to talking, and trying have pleasant conversation rather than fights in the corridors. After our time in Dumbledore's office, he'd sent us to the Hospital Wing. Theo and I had beat each other quite badly once again (though we'd both gone so far that we'd hit our heads and neither of us remembered who had started it). Although I rarely obeyed what others told me to do, Theo and I were having a good time just talking rather than fighting. I'd learned quite a bit about him.

He was older than me, had just turned 12 on October 21, and I missed his birthday. He was a pureblood wizard; both his parents had magic blood. His mother had died when he was young, so Theo was left to be raised by his father, who had been working with Voldemort. One day, when Theo was seven, his father decided he didn't want such a bother like a son, so he moved away, leaving Theo behind. Theo had ran to Drake and his family, who quickly took him in as their second son. After this story, Theo became upset and quietened, and I quickly changed the subject and asked him a different question. His full name was Theodore Damien Nott.

"Okay my turn," I said when he finished his laughing fit. "Who do you hate most out of the whole year?"

"Ron," he said with a shrug. The redhead seemed not to have heard his name, for his conversation with Harry and Seamus had gone uninterrupted.