Chapter 20- Quidditch Practice

I woke slowly in the hospital wing, lying nearest to the back wall. Marcus Flint was sitting in the plastic chair beside my bed, his hand resting oddly close to my own. I frowned and pulled my hand away. This was the perfect moment for a small easy prank.

I grabbed the pillow out from behind me and swung it directly into Marcus's face. He jolted awake and nearly fell out of his chair. I smirked as hee swivelled and glared at me.

"Bloody hell Lily! What was that for?" He exclaimed, earning himself a very dirty look from the patron.

"It was funny," I huffed. "How long have you been here?"

"Since you ran into my class and started yelling for help then passed out in the middle of the room."

"It's not my fault!" I argued, forcing the red out of my cheeks.

"Never said it was."

We were both quiet. Me lying back in the bed, him sitting in his chair. Sunlight streamed into the room and fell onto Marcus. His blonde hair shone and his bright blue eyes sparkled. 

I frowned and looked around the hospital wing, taking in my surroundings. White. Everything was white. It was plain. It smelled terrible. It was too quiet. It was stuffy. The bed was scratchy. I groaned loudly.

"When can I leave?" I asked, bored of this boring room with its boring beds, boring walls, boring everything, already.

"As soon as you'd like," replied Madam Pomfrey, the patron, making her way over to my cot. "I fixed you up as quickly as I could."

"Okay. Where are my clothes? I'll be leaving."

I couldn't wait to escape this room. It had only been a few minutes (that I was conscious for) and I was already overtly eager to leave. The Hospital Wing was somewhere I hoped to never end up again, but I had a feeling that was never going to happen.

"Well it's almost third class..." Marcus pulled a set of green and silver robes from under his chair.

"Quidditch! Quidditch practice! Are those my Quidditch robes?" I practically screamed.

Marcus just nodded, a smile on his face. I grabbed the robes, pushed Marcus away, and closed the curtain around my bed. I changed within ten seconds and pulled the curtains back roughly, earning a look from Madame Pomfrey.

"Here, I've got gloves and boots for you too," said Marcus handing them to me.

I pulled them on, put my hair up in a high ponytail and went to glance in the mirror. I had to admit, I looked pretty cool.

"Let's go Marcus don't wanna be late now!" I yelled, and darted out of the room.

Everyone had just started to change classes, and while running for the door, I literally ran into Harry. We both stumbled, only keeping balance when an older Ravenclaw student steadied Harry with a laugh. 

"Lils! You're out!" He exclaimed.

"Hey nice robes!" Sydney said walking over. 

"I've got Quidditch Practice!" I called much louder than was necessary.

"A broom came for you," Harry said. "Apparently, it's the nicest broom yet. I got one too. I've got yours in my dormitory."

"Well come on then," I tugged on Harry's arm.

"I've got class Lily."

"I don't care. Broom. Quidditch. Now," I pouted.

"I'm telling McGonagall it's your fault I'm late," Harry complained, but headed towards the Gryffindor common room.